Yesterday's FTA project

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would like to set up my G10 dish with a 2nd lnb for I7. Any photos of your multiple lnb setup for dishes pointed at G10 would be appreciated. Or if somebody knows of another post that has this? THX.

Iceberg said:
I just tried that the toher day. tried to get either AMC4 or IA5. AMC4 I got KUIL at 60 or so but nothing else visible :(
IA5 lots of TP's at 30-35..not enough to keep it stable. The extra LNB is for 119 audio :)

11966 (where Russia Today is located) was the strongest one I got, and was stable 95% of the time, but I sure was missing quite a few transponders. On my Pansat signals 30 and above are stable until they drop into the 20's.

What is interesting is your 119 LNB is on your Star Choice dish, almost touching the Star Choice LNBs, whereas my 119 LNB is on my dish pointed at G10R, and is also almost touching the G10R LNB! Looking at where my Star Choice dish is pointed, compared to my G10R dish, you wouldn't think it was possible that they both could get the same signal and the LNBs be so close to the centre of the dish. Just goes to show you how precise and small the angles can be that we are aiming at, no wonder it can be a pain to find signals!

There is a piece of wood between the SC LNB's and the 119 LNB. Board is probably 1/2-3/4" thick.
Maxes out most of the TP's on the Dish 5000 receiver

Attachments

• IM000365.JPG
    IM000365.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IM000368.JPG
    IM000368.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IM000809.JPG
    IM000809.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 121
digiblur said:
Just wait till you order and get your motors installed guys... you'll be like a kid in a candy store all over again constantly scanning satellites.

Unfortunately, a motor is not a viable option. Our house runs almost exactly north/south, and the dishes are mounted on a west wall on an addition at the back. Couldn't point one to my true south, it would hit the roof of the addition, and couldn't shoot over the main part of the house! Too many trees all around and still have a problem shooting over the house if I pole mounted it in the back yard (and the farther back into the yard I go the more trees and the neighbours houses/trees would block the LOS).

The only good thing was when I realised from the compass that the house was almost exactly north/south, it made it easier to point my first dish (G10R). Instead of being on a ladder with a compass looking up at the dish arm and then back down at the compass, and trying to align the dish, I got off the ladder, looked at the wall and aligned the dish from how far away from due west I needed. It wasn't too long before I found a signal and had to move the dish four degrees east and up 2.5 degrees (had hit Galaxy 13/H 1).

Vacosta said:
I would like to set up my G10 dish with a 2nd lnb for I7. Any photos of your multiple lnb setup for dishes pointed at G10 would be appreciated. Or if somebody knows of another post that has this? THX.

Front and side view. The LNB holders for the extra LNBs are at a slightly different angle than the one that came with the dish. Had to use spacers to adjust LNBs up/down to get best signal. Both IA7 and EchoStar 7 have SQ in the high 70's/low 80's.

Attachments

• lnb1.jpg
    lnb1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 122
  • lnb2.jpg
    lnb2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 130
iafirebuff said:
Interesting set up!

Thanks. I am still debating whether or not to make some shorter brackets, since the LNBs are so close to the main one. I can see some big bird thinking it would be a great place to perch and peck at the LNBs! But I may just leave it alone, don't want to mess up what is working so well!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)