Yesterdays Superdish installation.

I told the guy who's outside that the last bloke didn't even ground the dish or block, he said that it's definitely part of the install.

Locals aren't bad quality, a bit pixellated - definitely not the best quality but atleast I can sell my ReplayTV and raise some cash now. (under great protest)

Well, Cascade

I'll join as a unsatisfied customer. Something is not right. My signal strength is strong on all three sats

110 90's
119 over 100
105 high 60's low 70's

But the 105 will lose signal 10 times an hour. I called dish and all they wanted to do was talk about clouds. I told them the sun was shining and not it was not clouds. They are sending out a tech on Monday (It is a good thing I can work at home). Cascade let me know if you have this same problem.

If you go to the point dish the signal will go in and out of lock. I'm going to get whoever comes out Monday to make sure it is grounded as well. I'll let you know what I find out.

This is happening every 10 seconds or so, it'll give me trailing macroblocks, the audio cuts, squeaks and sometimes it loses signal.

I dunno if I can really be arsed with it after all the sh*t I've been through, I may just put the Dish500 back up and keep the cable locals, or just go back to cable.

I've had more than enough.

Cascade said:
This is happening every 10 seconds or so, it'll give me trailing macroblocks, the audio cuts, squeaks and sometimes it loses signal.

Cascade, I'm having the same problems. Like I said Direct TV offers locals out of Norfolk, I may end up switching. I think my landlord would prefer the smaller dish, but he is being nice about it.

Cascade said:
Damnit, I knew it wouldn't go well again, does anyone at Echostar give an ass about their installers? (More importantly, the people who pay for it all - the customer) (

You're not far from the truth here, in my opinion. As an installer, I was given no training whatsover on Superdish, yet that didn't seem to matter to the retailer I worked for. He gave me dozens and dozens to install. Everything I learned, I had to learn simply by trial and error.

And was Dishnetwork any help? God no! Literally, when I would call tech support with questions, they would give me an official answer of, "We do not provide any technical support for Superdish. You will need to contact your retailer."

There were plenty of days where I was completely abandoned by the retailer and Dish, yet still expected to install their products perfectly and up to code.

I don't know why your installer did a poor job, but it is possible the fault stems from Dishnetwork or the retailer and not so much the installer. At any rate, I would encourage you to pester dish or the retailer until they come out and get it done right.

Cascade,
When Dish launched Duluth, our CBS looked like crap, and I e-mailed them and it got fixed in a day
When they added the 2nd NBC, the audio was real low, and that was fixed within a day of e-mailing them.