YET AGAIN, Pens Leafs game blacked out only on DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have no problems getting the Pens games on 659. With it being an extended rsn, I have never had any issues when I want to watch a game. Pens VS OTT tonight

dont get 659 says channel not purchased, we have choice extra...I do get sto and fsoh. Im not really that close to pa so Im not supprised that I dont get 659, we're about 50 mi south of cleveland...not really that big of a deal to me but I do enjoy watching the Flyers when I'm able.

Update,

I just ran some cleveland zip codes , FSN Pittsburg 659 is a local rsn if you have choice extra or sports pack.
Is there a way we can check zip codes ourselves? Years ago I was told that my local teams were those in Pittsburgh and Washington/Baltimore. I believe this to be true as I always have to watch baseball games on the "local" RSN (Fox Sports Pitt, MASN, etc). For instance, if the Red Sox are playing the Orioles, I have to watch on MASN and it's blacked out on NESN. If my wife wants to watch the Braves play the Pirates, she has to watch on FSN Pitt instead of Sports South which is blacked out. Ok, enough background info...

I'm missing the Flyers tonight for the 2nd time this season due to a blackout even though I do have the Sports Pack (RSNs) and Center Ice. Also missed the game vs the Caps which was on Versus (obviously). Six games into the season and I've already missed half due to the Versus squabble and blackouts. I've had CI for over 10 years and have never fallen under the Philly blackout area.

I'm really wondering if it has something to do with Comcast buying our local cable company a few years ago and recently (I believe in the last year) have added CSN to their lineup.

I'm pretty friggin' furious at the minute and I've kept myself from calling in and blowing up at a CSR because I know there's nothing they can (or will) do about it.

So, can I check my zip (17331) to see who my local teams (and RSNs) really are?

Thanks.....Jim

You can check your zip here ...........

Local Regional Sports Network Information
Thanks...as expected, it shows the following for me:

Mid Atlantic Sports Network (Ch. 640) - HD Available
# Nationals (HD Available)
# Orioles (HD Available)

Comcast SportsNet (Mid-Atlantic) (Ch. 642) - HD Available
# Washington Capitals (HD Available)
# Washington Wizards (HD Available)

FSN Pittsburgh (Ch. 659) - HD Available
# Pirates (HD Available)
# Pittsburgh Penguins (HD Available)

So....I'm not in the Philly market but both NESN & NHLN are blacked out tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts