Yet Another Failed Dish Negotiation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish is using all of its negotiating 'experts' on Turner, FOX, etc. Such clear successes require the soft skills of the pros. No time for idiotic VOD comedies.

Reactions: Tampa8
From Sony to Release ‘The Interview’ in Theaters, on VOD Despite Threats comes this little factoid:

"A plan to distribute “The Interview” over Dish Network fell apart after talks between Sony and the satellite TV provider broke down over the weekend."

I guess they were too busy with Fox.

and you insinuate this is all on Dish? What makes you think that? I can't see any other provider signed up on this....maybe Sony approached Dish, maybe Dish approached Sony, or maybe Sony approached everyone. Sony is taking a bath here, big time.

Your comment is ridiculous.

How many failed negotiations have they had?

Also, this was the best thing to happen to a theatrical release since Three Mile Island, and Sony blew it.

I would of been more than happy to rent it how ever.....Dishes loss no biggie

I think for the younger group, it is a good idea. It will never be a cult classic that will be considered historically a great movie, but had the opportunity for a box office hit. I would pay to watch that one, but who knows. I could be the only one saying that.

I like dish. Just grow tired of fanboys that tell us dish does no wrong. And right on cue Kab comes in and gets testy with anyone that dares have a different opinion that him/her.
In interest of fairness, the statement was given with no fact checking and completely opinionated. I spent 10 seconds searching google and found that DTV had actually declined to broadcast it before dish and time Warner made their minds up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts