Yet Another Failed Dish Negotiation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is anyone on the "Who cares" side of this story?

I would be if it was just for the movie alone. I don't care how successful Sony or these actors are. I have a problem with foreign dictators thinking they can censor our entertainment the way they do in their own country. If they get away with this than similar things will happen any time we decide to make a movie people don't like. It's a slippery slope.

I would be if it was just for the movie alone. I don't care how successful Sony or these actors are. I have a problem with foreign dictators thinking they can censor our entertainment the way they do in their own country. If they get away with this than similar things will happen any time we decide to make a movie people don't like. It's a slippery slope.

Well that's a different issue altogether. I was thinking more of just this thread and how Dish screwed up again.

Well that's a different issue altogether. I was thinking more of just this thread and how Dish screwed up again.

I agree. That's why I suggested that the inflammatory thread title should be changed. The way the OP worded it just brings people in here ready to fight. It's not just Dish that is wary of being attacked by these hackers. All the other VOD providers are too or some of them would have agreed to show this tomorrow.

I agree. That's why I suggested that the inflammatory thread title should be changed. The way the OP worded it just brings people in here ready to fight. It's not just Dish that is wary of being attacked by these hackers. All the other VOD providers are too or some of them would have agreed to show this tomorrow.

And that's what bothered me. The people trying to make others think that it's solely one providers fault. But what do I know, I'm just a Dish pom pom waving fan boy.

I'm not exactly sure how a rental from Youtube would work since I've never seen that before. If I can do that through the youtube app on my Apple TV I'm on board. I'm glad to see that Google isn't afraid of the hackers and has agreed to jump in first even if it puts a target on their back.

I still hope to see iTunes, Amazon Instant, or Vudu get on board because I know what I'm getting with those services in terms of picture quality and 5.1 audio support.

I'm not exactly sure how a rental from Youtube would work since I've never seen that before. If I can do that through the youtube app on my Apple TV I'm on board. I'm glad to see that Google isn't afraid of the hackers and has agreed to jump in first even if it puts a target on their back.

I still hope to see iTunes, Amazon Instant, or Vudu get on board because I know what I'm getting with those services in terms of picture quality and 5.1 audio support.
The article states negotiations with iTunes fell apart yesterday.

People were ready as you say, "to fight" about Dishes contentious negotiating history long before I started this thread. I worded the title as a reflection of that.

And that's what bothered me. The people trying to make others think that it's solely one providers fault. But what do I know, I'm just a Dish pom pom waving fan boy.

When I started this thread, the linked article was the only one I could find. It mentioned only Dish and no other provider. It looked like interesting forum fodder to me.

I wonder if the failed talks went like Directv appeared to go.

Sony-would you like to show "The Interview "on your VOD system

Dish-No

Ok, failed negotiations!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12...e-us-theaters-youtube-reportedly-to-stream-it

It looks like it will be available to rent for $5.99 or buy for $14.99 on Xbox Video, Google Play, and YouTube. I have friends coming over to watch it with pizza and beer on Friday. We'll be renting it on the Xbox One.

Edit: According to that article Netflix is also in talks to stream it. If they get a deal done that may be where I go. They don't follow a PPV model at all though so I'm not sure how that one would work. They would likely need to sign a bigger streaming deal and make it available to all Netflix customers at no extra charge.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12...e-us-theaters-youtube-reportedly-to-stream-it

It looks like it will be available to rent for $5.99 or buy for $14.99 on Xbox Video, Google Play, and YouTube. I have friends coming over to watch it with pizza and beer on Friday. We'll be renting it on the Xbox One.

Edit: According to that article Netflix is also in talks to stream it. If they get a deal done that may be where I go. They don't follow a PPV model at all though so I'm not sure how that one would work. They would likely need to sign a bigger streaming deal and make it available to all Netflix customers at no extra charge.
Would probably be a better fit on Amazon.

I know I'm a fanboy but I agree with Schermman in considering the business sides. I respect most business sides and then pick which devil I wanna follow. For me in particular, after the Army, it's the Devil you know.

Watched it on Google Play right after release 1pm ET/12pm central. Good movie if you have a sick sense of humor like me. I'm glad to see this come out streaming rather than on any lame provider like DISH, Direct or Comcast. Would be nice to see more first run movies released this way so we can skip the crying babies and teenage tards and send movie theaters the way of blockbuster video stores.

Only one thing puzzles me. I saw X360 on the platform list but not PS3/PS4. Kinda strange since it is Sony. PSN must go down too much :biggrin

Good Grief!
I wouldn't touch that movie with a 10 foot pole.
It looks like a flaming dog turd of a movie. But, I consider anybody who refuses to carry it to be cowardly, selfish, and a tad unpatriotic by giving in to the little fat dictator's little fat dictator son.

I can't imagine what possible legitimate reason there was for not adding it to Dish' VOD lineup. The only reason I can think of is fear. But, that's not a legitimate one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.