Yet another question on upgrading to the 622 for a New Yorker...

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I started with Dish in 9/05 in which I signed an 18 month contract. I paid the leasing fee of $299 to get the 942. From what I have read I see that as of today I can upgrade to he 622 for another $299 but I will get $200 rebate on my services when I return the 942. Now here are my questions. As part of my contract in 9/05, I was given 18 free $5.99/month credits for the Dish Home Protection so I would assume that when I upgrade to the 622 my prior contact will be null and void and I will be paying for this if I chose to have it. Secondly, I am in Central NY and I don't believe I can use the Dish 1000. I currently have the SuperDish as I have my locals included. What other dish will I need and what direction will it need to point to? I ask this as they mounted my Dish on the side of our house on a steel pole so I worry about needing to point another dish in the direction that is blocked by the house. Lastly, I signed up with a local retailer of Dish, should I do the upgrade through them or go to Dish directly? Ok, I think thats it. Thanks guys.

You can deal with Dish directly just as easily and know that everything will get paid for with no hassles......

You will have to ask the CSR about your free DHP deal. I don't know what the details on that are and would be worried if I were you.

I am still getting a $5/month credit on the HD Pack from a deal I made last June. I'm assuming that it would not be applied to a metallic pack if I upgraded again to a 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)