You can group to delete

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Not that long ago a file or two popped up for the S9 that had the menu on the top and had some real slick colors. I think one of the names started with: DEEP.......
Anyway, there were complaints of no viewer in the channel edit part or a way to delete more than one station at a time. Well, true there is no viewer but I did find the delete many routine. It may have been found by those that are using that file, but, I thought of listing it here anyway.
When you are going to delete several stations and the yellow bar is on a channel, if you click "OK" and move the yellow bar down, you will see the background for that channel is blue. Click "OK" again and continue, you will have several channels that have the blue background. Right arrow and down arrow to the trashcan and click and all blue background channels will delete.
Just in case you did not yet discover this....

RT.

I don't remember any complaints about not being able to delete more than one at a time -- after all, you can't do that in the OLD firmware, unless I'm missing something. My big complaint with the new version is that there's no alphabetization option, and also apparently no way to edit radio channels whatsoever!

I don't remember any complaints about not being able to delete more than one at a time -- after all, you can't do that in the OLD firmware, unless I'm missing something. My big complaint with the new version is that there's no alphabetization option, and also apparently no way to edit radio channels whatsoever!
Well, I found it. It was your post 12-17-2011 07:04PM Below is a copy from that post.

"There's one other thing about this version which bothers me: they've completely changed the Edit Channel screen. I can no longer see a way to sort channels, only move them individually. Also, if you want to delete channels, it appears that you can only delete one at a time, not select a batch of them and then delete. And on top of all that, I can't find any way to edit radio channels at all! I can't imagine why they changed the editing functions so much."
I agree they did mess it up alot and the no edit on radio channels is a bummer. Would have been nice if they would have left the edit screens alone.

RT.

The version of firmware you refer to is 2011Aug30. It is still the best firmware version for the S9 in my opinion. I recently tried the versions that became available later in 2011 and they still don't support the clock so the entire PVR function of the S9 is not available to those with these newer versions. Those who tried 2012Aug30 gave up way too quickly and labeled it as no good, mostly for nostalgic reasons toward older firmware screen design, layout, etc. The radio edit issue is handled easily with an external editor which is the best way of editing anyway. When using a network connection from PC to S9 via wireless home network (which works perfectly), external editing can be done faster than using the remote control. No RS-232 cabling needed; no fiddling with USB sticks in the dark behind your TV equipment.

Having said this, can't wait for the microHD. Our loyalty dies quickly when there's a much better product that comes along like this one.

The radio edit issue is handled easily with an external editor which is the best way of editing anyway. When using a network connection from PC to S9 via wireless home network (which works perfectly), external editing can be done faster than using the remote control. No RS-232 cabling needed; no fiddling with USB sticks in the dark behind your TV equipment.
I agree, the external editor is the best.
Your network connection from PC to S9 via wireless sounds interesting. How did you hook that up?

RT.

...Your network connection from PC to S9 via wireless sounds interesting. How did you hook that up?
Connect S9 ethernet port via CAT5 cable (you like those cables, don't you?) to wifi wireless router so S9 is on house network. Configure S9 network settings in Network Setup menu. Then I use program called STBHD_LAN_MM to access the S9 via the network from my wifi computer. I can wirelessly upload/download revised channel or tp data to/from the S9 from anywhere in the house my laptop happens to be. I'm going to miss this network feature with the microHD. I think any modern home consumer item should have a network feature.

That's OK if your S9 is close to your router. Mine would require around 100 ft of cat5 cable and two holes thru to the outside(BRR!). Maybe a wifi bridge would be a little handier. Think I'd go this route, if I needed to edit more often than I do now. So far, the remote suffices and a USB stick if more involved.

If beyond a reasonable length of a CAT5 cable, then I have this game adapter which wirelessly connects the S9 to the wifi router. It's surprising how often I edit data. Probably because I like looking for DN ITC stations and editing of PIDs must be done remotely with an S9.
Linksys Game Adapter.jpg

Connect S9 ethernet port via CAT5 cable (you like those cables, don't you?) to wifi wireless router so S9 is on house network. Configure S9 network settings in Network Setup menu. Then I use program called STBHD_LAN_MM to access the S9 via the network from my wifi computer. I can wirelessly upload/download revised channel or tp data to/from the S9 from anywhere in the house my laptop happens to be. I'm going to miss this network feature with the microHD. I think any modern home consumer item should have a network feature.
This is what trying again. For some reason, I can't locate where to input my Network name and password to connect to my network on my S10.

This is what trying again. For some reason, I can't locate where to input my Network name and password to connect to my network on my S10.
If network configuration is necessary on the S9, it's done via the hidden Network Setup menu. The menu is accessed by typing "6666" on the remote. This reveals the Network Setup menu. In Network Setup, you can configure DHCP ON or OFF. If DHCP is not used, you can manually enter the IP address and associated network addresses.

i get a password failure when I try to connect to my s9 via wired connection, is there a default password

Connect S9 ethernet port via CAT5 cable......... I can wirelessly upload/download revised channel or tp data to/from the S9 from anywhere in the house my laptop happens to be. I'm going to miss this network feature with the microHD. I think any modern home consumer item should have a network feature.
Very interesting. I thought others have stated the ethernet connection on the S9 wasn't good for anything. Something new I will have to play with. My S9 is about 20 inches from my router in one of the shelves in my home theather.

If network configuration is necessary on the S9, it's done via the hidden Network Setup menu. The menu is accessed by typing "6666" on the remote. This reveals the Network Setup menu. In Network Setup, you can configure DHCP ON or OFF. If DHCP is not used, you can manually enter the IP address and associated network addresses.
It acquired IP and Subnet Mask using DHCP automatically, but there is no where for me to enter a password on the setup screen on the S10 Network setup menu so that it can be connected to my PC. Which area in the Menu do you type 6666 to reveal the setup menu you're refering to?

i get a password failure when I try to connect to my s9 via wired connection, is there a default password

What firmware version are you using?

...I thought others have stated the ethernet connection on the S9 wasn't good for anything...
It may depend on which firmware version you're using. I listen to everybody, but usually confirm what people say before believing if what they say doesn't make sense to me. The network connection is good for this simple task of exchanging user-created data. I presume if we could work out the firewall issues and open the appropriate router ports, we could exchange data between sat receivers too.

It acquired IP and Subnet Mask using DHCP automatically, but there is no where for me to enter a password on the setup screen on the S10 Network setup menu so that it can be connected to my PC. Which area in the Menu do you type 6666 to reveal the setup menu you're refering to?
I am referring to S9; maybe S10 is different. My network doesn't require passwords, so I have no familiarity with that. Why do you need a password on your own private home network? When using firmware version 2011Aug30, if the Network Setup menu is not visible when at the main menu, you enter 6666 from the remote when viewing the main menu structure which is horizontal across the top of your screen. This layout is unique from any other firmware version.

It acquired IP and Subnet Mask using DHCP automatically, but there is no where for me to enter a password on the setup screen on the S10 Network setup menu so that it can be connected to my PC.

There's nothing that you can log into your PC to do. The media player won't play shared files, or anything like that. All you can do by putting it on the same network as a PC is use the LAN_MM_STBHD (or whatever the name is) application to upload and download configuration files and firmware.

There's nothing that you can log into your PC to do. The media player won't play shared files, or anything like that. All you can do by putting it on the same network as a PC is use the LAN_MM_STBHD (or whatever the name is) application to upload and download configuration files and firmware.
Thanks a lot for the tip. I figured it out now. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)