You Can Help! Add 3ABN to Dish

I was flipping through my FTA system today and I happen to catch part of their "you can help" thing on 3ABN.

They showed this scroll and gave the address for about 10 minutes

It make the PBS pledge drive look good :D

SatinKzo said:
When did dish get 30million subs? I wil send a request they add it and put all religious programming on the same TP along with all shopping. Cram those 20 or so channels on one TP and open up another TP for more HD! WHOOOOO! laff.

Remember, in Dish a subscriber == a household.

Dish has ~12 Million subscribers, so extrapolating that to 30 Million viewers isn't out of the question.

Cheers,

I certainly don't favor adding a religious channel, I'd rather see the bandwidth used for something else that might appeal more to me. And I'm certainly no vegetarian, although I like a few Moosewood Cookbook recipes. But I'll admit, I might check out "vegetarian cooking shows and other lifestyle shows" if I came across them. Just so long as they're not asking for money or telling me to hate some group out of favor with them- gays, lesbians, doctors, scientists or the folks going to hell in that other church down the street.

We know it. Should we count on meeting you there, maybe about halfway, somewhere below OK.:) :)

But my excuse will be, Charlie didn't broadcast it.

I guess all the program/content providers just hope that somehow you might channel surf across their show for at least a short time.

Last edited:
navychop said:
Just so long as they're not asking for money or telling me to hate some group out of favor with them- gays, lesbians, doctors, scientists or the folks going to hell in that other church down the street.

But hating "religious fundamentalists" is perfectly fine. Lots of channels have that.... :(

Brad

PBS Beg-A-Thons

Wait a minute. Asking people to request 3ABN on Dish Network is not anything like a PBS Beg-A-Thon for $$$$. Why a comment and comparison like that?? I would love to see 3ABN on Dish Network -- and so would others who miss seeing the doctors giving health lectures, vegan cooking shows, and quality preaching. Why is it wrong using a scroll announcement asking people to write a letter to Dish Network asking for 3ABN on the lineup? Why is this contrasted to a $$$Beg-A-Thon? Besides, knowing how to cook healthy vegan meals gets a person more than money can buy -- strong heart and healthy body. I plan to write a letter to Dish Network and would encourage others who are tired of the standard American cooking techniques to do the same. The heart you save may be your own!

MikeCTM2 said:
Wait a minute. Asking people to request 3ABN on Dish Network is not anything like a PBS Beg-A-Thon for $$$$. Why a comment and comparison like that??
dang man it was humour. Thats why I used the :D
hey, I just reported what I saw. I'm not sitting here saying "we don't need any more religious channels"

I would love to see 3ABN on Dish Network -- and so would others who miss seeing the doctors giving health lectures, vegan cooking shows, and quality preaching.
get a free to air system. Its on there right now with no monthly fees. One time fee of 200 bucks or less and you're all set

Why is it wrong using a scroll announcement asking people to write a letter to Dish Network asking for 3ABN on the lineup?
did I say it was wrong?

Besides, knowing how to cook healthy vegan meals gets a person more than money can buy -- strong heart and healthy body.
me. I'll take a cheeseburger or two :D

Hell, a couple of greasy cheeseburgers is always good. It's the grease that gives all foods their flavor!

Just don't take Rachel Ray off, she a Louisiana Native.

If Charlie has an extra channel, let him broadcast if he wants to, maybe they'll pay him to broadcast it.

Iceberg said:
dang man it was humour.

Off-topic, but is Canadian/British spelling common in the MN? I wonder why American English dropped the 'ou' in words like color, humor, neighbor, etc. since colour, humour, neighbour, etc. seems more phonetically accurate in the standard dialects.

GeorgeLV said:
I wonder why American English dropped the 'ou' in words like color, humor, neighbor, etc. since colour, humour, neighbour, etc. seems more phonetically accurate in the standard dialects.

The same reason we do other stupid sh*t, to piss off the rest of the world. ;)

kosair said:
Dish should add 3ABN as a pay per view network, $100 goes on your bill every Sunday!

This reminded me of when I living in florida and my firend ran out of donation envelopes. He left a note in his last envelope when he went to mass on Sunday. On Tuesday morning, they arrived via fed ex priority overnight. I never knew God used Fed Ex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts