You did not qualify for our best offer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Master1g

Original poster
Aug 11, 2018
Indiana
Ok we have Frontier vantage internet. We recently left directv for Dish as we heard they were paired with Frontier. We just got our first bill along with this letter and we're not sure what to make of it. I quote:

" You did not qualify for our best offer due to one or more of the following reasons:

Number of NCTUE satisfactory occurrences reported in the last 12 months

Average number of months since NCTUE connections

Highest NCTUE balance reported in the last 6 months

No NCTUE accounts during the past 48 months

The reporting agency did not directly take part in our decision and is not able to supply the specific reasons for our decision. ETC ETC"

Can anyone make any sense of this?

I assure you our credit score is just fine and we have not even heard of any of these violations or know what they actually refer to. All I know is that we momentarily froze some of our credit card accounts because someone got ahold of one of our card numbers and we had to freeze them to avoid further fraud. We unfroze one of them to sign up for DISH. Could this have anything to do with this? And yes we tried calling them but the wait time just kept going up, so I thought I would ask here first. Thanks.

Ok we have Frontier vantage internet. We recently left directv for Dish as we heard they were paired with Frontier. We just got our first bill along with this letter and we're not sure what to make of it. I quote:

" You did not qualify for our best offer due to one or more of the following reasons:

The reporting agency did not directly take part in our decision and is not able to supply the specific reasons for our decision. ETC ETC"

I assure you our credit score is just fine and we have not even heard of any of these violations or know what they actually refer to. All I know is that we momentarily froze some of our credit card accounts because someone got ahold of one of our card numbers and we had to freeze them to avoid further fraud. We unfroze one of them to sign up for DISH. Could this have anything to do with this? And yes we tried calling them but the wait time just kept going up, so I thought I would ask here first. Thanks.

It's because you froze your accounts when they were checking. Call them and explain why, maybe it'll work. NCTUE - FAQ

Reactions: charlesrshell

NCTUE is different than the regular credit reporting agencies. It looks at things like how often you change providers (phone, internet, TV, cellular, etc.), which can negatively affect you if you have recently changed other services as well.

Ok seems like it's up in the air. I'll give them a call and report back the reason that they give me. Thanks for replies.

NCTUE is different than the regular credit reporting agencies. It looks at things like how often you change providers (phone, internet, TV, cellular, etc.), which can negatively affect you if you have recently changed other services as well.

Is this something new "NCTUE". I never heard of such a thing. I know of people that change providers often. They will get a "deal", then when the deal is over, change to another with a "deal" and do it again everything year or two depending on the contract. Suddenly we do not have a freedom to stop around? This is unbelievable.

NCTUE (National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange) is a credit reporting agency that specializes in collecting data on cell phone accounts, cable TV accounts, cable internet service provider accounts, electricty and other utility accounts.

This is one agency that should be put out of business.

Reactions: HipKat
Suddenly we do not have a freedom to stop around? This is unbelievable.

Of course, you have the right to shop around. And, others have a right to track your bargain shopping and make you offers based on that. Good business is a two way street.

NCTUE (National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange) is a credit reporting agency that specializes in collecting data on cell phone accounts, cable TV accounts, cable internet service provider accounts, electricty and other utility accounts.

Could you elaborate please on why they should be put out of business? It seems to me that they are providing a valuable service to their clients.

Reactions: eddie willers
It’s a credit rating for your telecommunications. You have the right to shop around, and they have a right to maximize profit based on your history. What’s funny is that have taken advantage of the industry will now have to pay the piper. Reserve the good stuff for people that will make them money.

Is this something new "NCTUE". I never heard of such a thing. I know of people that change providers often. They will get a "deal", then when the deal is over, change to another with a "deal" and do it again everything year or two depending on the contract. Suddenly we do not have a freedom to stop around? This is unbelievable.

I've posted about it here a few times before. I got a letter from DISH stating I did not qualify for their best deal when I tried to sign up a year ago because I had switched providers too often according to NCTUE. I simply called retention and told them what I wanted, and they gave it to me despite the NCTUE rating. I appreciated that Dish at least told me why I wasn't eligible. I expect not every company would.

Not everyone will call though, and, depending on what other factors might cause the provider to adjust the sign-up offer, some of those who call will not get what they want. IMHO, with the advent of good, prepaid telecommunications services and OTT streaming options with no contracts, this seems like a losing play in the long run, but they will probably get a few more bucks/lower customer acquisition costs for a while.

May be a blessing in disguise. I do not recommend getting DISH through your Frontier account if that's what you mean by "paired with". Those arrangements never seem to go/end well.

I agree.

Although I think you should not get Dish, going through frontier is about the worse thing you can do.

If you absolutely want Dish, call your local Dish retailer and they will set you up with Dish directly.

Going through frontier Your asking to be treated like a second class citizen whenever you need service or help.

If you can’t get through to frontier now, think of it when you need to get through when you need help with your account.

I totally agree with that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts