You get Encore HD channel when we say you do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because your first point is not really true, I can't agree. On paper they charge $10, in reality no one should be paying that. So to your point, if on paper Disney wants to charge extra for HD, but in reality does not, then it's the same.
If Dish really did charge for HD, I'd understand more your point.

To #2: Dish contended that it did not have to pay the extra HD fees because it had already paid Disney to carry the four channels' standard-definition editions. Disney said a separate fee was required for the HD channels. Dish dropped the HD feeds.

To #1: Say I sub to DishFamily, I have to pay additional to get the HD versions of the included SD channels. I cannon verify this by actually subscribing, but one condition for HD free for life is that you maintain AT120 or greater programming. With DishFamily, you pay more to get the HD versions of the SD channels you already pay for.

Dish's Utopian view from #2 does not hold for #1.

To #1: Say I sub to DishFamily, I have to pay additional to get the HD versions of the included SD channels. I cannon verify this by actually subscribing, but one condition for HD free for life is that you maintain AT120 or greater programming. With DishFamily, you pay more to get the HD versions of the SD channels you already pay for.

HD is not available for purchase on DishFamily or Welcome Pack. You get your locals in HD (if available) and any freeview or alacarte channels in HD if there is avaialble
So if you order HBO you get HBOHD
If you order Outdoor Sports you get a couple of them in HD
But you wouldnt get any DishFamily channels in HD

But Dish still is not charging extra as Disney wants to for HD no matter how you look at it. They simply will not provide it under a certain package. That may have nothing to do with cost, rather does Dish really want people to sub to the lower packages? No, so they are no frill.

(BTW for the purists - I'm sure Dish as all carriers factors in whatever cost there is for HD in their business plan - just like locals being free - they are not, rather they are not extra.)

Maybe I'm too old but I recall what a big deal the networks made way back when their shows were brought to you in "living color".

This "free HD for life" business has always struck me as kind of odd. Give us another few years and HD will be as ubiquitous as "living color".

Next up - "free 3D for life" or whatever the new technology will be. :)

However you want to look at it, Dish does not provide the HD version of the SD programming (DishFamily) unless you pay more for it.

RE: Disney, Dish thought they were entitled to the HD feed because they bought the SD feed. The courts disagreed and denied the reimbursement Dish was seeking.

It is nice that Dish provides HD free, if you spend enough with them.

HD should be free, if available, for any channel, but as we all know, the powers that be will milk it for as long as they can. I have free hd as a peace offering for losing the Absolute package, which is nice, but a lot of folks have to pay, or jump through a few hoops to get it.

I'd love to check out my local fiber company, but with the extra $10 HD fee, and their STB fees, they are not competitive with Dish.

Although i wish they were, Encore East SD/HD (340) and Encore Family (347) are not included in the $5 a la carte Encore Movie Pack. Channels 341-346 and 377 are included.

341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Suspense
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
377 MoviePlex

340 Encore HD is included in Dish America Gold, America's Top 250, America's "Everything" Pak, and Starz.

340 Encore SD is only included in Starz.

347 Encore Family is included in America's Top 250 and America's "Everything" Pak.*

340 Encore HD, 341-347 Encore themed channels, and 377 MoviePlex are in America's Top 250.

344 Encore Suspense and 377 MoviePlex are included in Blockbuster @ Home along with 353 Starz Cinema, 378 IndiePlex HD, and 379 RetroPlex HD as well as other movie and variety channels ( along with one-disc at a time from Blockbuster).

I hope that helps.

*Note: Recently, I noticed that Encore Family was in free preview. Then, it went away. Then, it came back when OWN, GSN, and The Hub were added to the Heartland Package. I am not sure if it was added to Encore Movie Pack, Heartland package, Starz, or is just in free preview again. I like that it is back since the Encore channels are uncut and commercial-free. I wish Dish would add the rest that are available in HD, and I wish Starz would add the remaining SD Encores in HD.

Guess the boys are giving me a break because I'm still getting Encore Family,I'll get ready to lose another one!:eek::rolleyes:

Face it if you subscribe to the Encore Movie package a la cart like I do, you should get everything Encore.:rant:

Last count I do believe Encore Action and Encore Drama went HD.

ENCORE

Dish site says Encore Family is part of it
The ENCORE Movie Package is playing your favorite movies from the 80s, 90s and today. Get over 800 movies each month across 8 channels including; ENCORE Westerns, ENCORE Love, ENCORE Action, ENCORE Suspense, ENCORE Drama, ENCORE Family, ENCORE West and ENCORE Movie Plex.

The ENCORE Movie Package is playing your favorite movies from the 80s, 90s and today. Get over 800 movies each month across 8 channels including; ENCORE Westerns, ENCORE Love, ENCORE Action, ENCORE Suspense, ENCORE Drama, ENCORE Family, ENCORE West and ENCORE Movie Plex.

Good to know Thanks Iceberg.

And when it comes to cheap movie packages,nobody can beat the Encore a la cart.:)

Iceberg said:

In the past, the site had this, and it was an error. I hope Encore Family is in the Encore Movie Pack now. Now, if only Dish would add IndiePlex and RetroPlex to it...:) I may be pushing my luck now...Then, Dish could say 10 channels...

In the past, the site had this, and it was an error. I hope Encore Family is in the Encore Movie Pack now. Now, if only Dish would add IndiePlex and RetroPlex to it...:) I may be pushing my luck now...Then, Dish could say 10 channels...

I'll keep you informed on the Encore Family thing,I see it now in my 922's My Channels guide.;)

WayneG said:
I just added the Encore Movie Package tonight with the 1/2 for 6 months promotion. I can confirm that it does include Encore Family.

So, you are getting 341-347 and 377? Do you have any other a la carte like the Heartland package for example?

Jhon69 said:
Yes,just ATHD120 +Encore a la cart.

Nice to know...We have Dish Latino Dos with HD Dos and Encore Movie Pack...However, we have a few free offers right now.

I still think it is funny to say Encore (East) is not in the Encore Movie Pack. Although in SD, you can watch the same movies 3 hours later on the West feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts