You guys Rock!Can you help me out??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Burghfan

Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Upstate New york
Great site!! Just signed on as a new member and have just a few questions for "the experts".
Here is my situation.I am a homeowner in upstate NY and have had DirecTV since 1996.I am a huge fan of the NFL and get the Sunday Ticket.I purchased a Sony 46" widescreen HDTV with a surround sound and now want HD on DirecTV.The only info I know is pretty much what I have read on the SatellitteGuys site.My questions are??
1)Even if I wait until August to get the "special" offer from DirecTV ,
will it include the free replacement MPEG 4 receiver??
2)Should I sign up immediately?
3)Is $349.00 (+15.00 for shipping)for the receiver,dish and installation a good price (which includes upgrade to MPEG 4 when available).
HD is gonna rock ,can't wait to see it in my house..
Thanks for all the help,you guys Rock!!

August Special

Burghfan said:
Great site!! Just signed on as a new member and have just a few questions for "the experts".
Here is my situation.I am a homeowner in upstate NY and have had DirecTV since 1996.I am a huge fan of the NFL and get the Sunday Ticket.I purchased a Sony 46" widescreen HDTV with a surround sound and now want HD on DirecTV.The only info I know is pretty much what I have read on the SatellitteGuys site.My questions are??
1)Even if I wait until August to get the "special" offer from DirecTV ,
will it include the free replacement MPEG 4 receiver??
2)Should I sign up immediately?
3)Is $349.00 (+15.00 for shipping)for the receiver,dish and installation a good price (which includes upgrade to MPEG 4 when available).
HD is gonna rock ,can't wait to see it in my house..
Thanks for all the help,you guys Rock!!

What August Special are you referring too?

What type of dish do you have now; round or oval? :)

BdaC

If you want the free install, I have an H10 that is only about 3 months old...I will sell it to you really really cheap.

Just PM me if you, or anyone else is interested. Like I said, only 3 months old.

If you are looking for a whole new setup, I would highly recommend ValueElectronics, you can click the link at the top of the page. Robert, is extremely helpful in these forums and will work with you to get the best prices.

It's doubtful that the new MPEG4 receiver will be offered in the August promo. Robert from Value Electronics thinks the new receiver will be ready to ship by late September. (maybe earlier) The cost of the current receiver (H10) is $299 with a one year commitment The cost of the new one (H20) is $199 with a two year commitment. The H10 is loaded with problems the H20 promises to be better. (we hope) So in the end it's a tough call on what to do. You can pay $350 today and hope for a free upgrade or wait and pay $250 (maybe more if the price of the new dish goes up from what the Phase 3 costs ) Just keep reading here and other forums, and try to make the best choice for you.......Rich

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

From what I understand the NY locals will still be on MPEG-2 as they are a national feed.

Robert at VE would know a lot more about this as not only is he one of the best, if THE best Directv dealers on the internet, but he's also from NY.

In fact, you can take a look at his showroom since it's in NY.

Bobdacop said:
What August Special are you referring too?

What type of dish do you have now; round or oval? :)

BdaC
I have the round type dish.I would be getting the receiver,parabolic dish,and installation (with the mpeg 4 when available)from directv.
The "special" I am referring to is pretty much in response to the "deals" directv will possibly have in August.I really don't know if the deal is for new directv customers who want HD or if it's for those of us who have standard directv and want to upgrade.Do you know??

Burghfan said:
I have the round type dish.I would be getting the receiver,parabolic dish,and installation (with the mpeg 4 when available)from directv.
The "special" I am referring to is pretty much in response to the "deals" directv will possibly have in August.I really don't know if the deal is for new directv customers who want HD or if it's for those of us who have standard directv and want to upgrade.Do you know??

I don't think there will be any "deals" per say. I think it is more about the price drop on the enhanced recievers....but this is info we already know about because of people like Scott and Robert.

If you want D*, I would recomend you just do it...with these guys (meaing D*) if you sit around and wait you could be waiting for a long time.

You can get the Phase-III dish by itself if asousa sells you his nearly new H10. You can get that and installation from VE.

asousa said:
If you want the free install, I have an H10 that is only about 3 months old...I will sell it to you really really cheap.

Just PM me if you, or anyone else is interested. Like I said, only 3 months old.

If you are looking for a whole new setup, I would highly recommend ValueElectronics, you can click the link at the top of the page. Robert, is extremely helpful in these forums and will work with you to get the best prices.
I'm not sure what you mean by free install??

Neutron said:
Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

From what I understand the NY locals will still be on MPEG-2 as they are a national feed.

Robert at VE would know a lot more about this as not only is he one of the best, if THE best Directv dealers on the internet, but he's also from NY.

In fact, you can take a look at his showroom since it's in NY.

There are a few different markets in NY. Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, and NYC. Upstate NY is a big place (not as big as Texas though lol)

rockaway1836 said:
There are a few different markets in NY. Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, and NYC. Upstate NY is a big place (not as big as Texas though lol)
gotcha! Looking at where value electronics is located(Scarsdale,NY),I am roughly about 1.25 hrs from there.

Are they the NYC locals or the Albany locals? If you are getting the NYC locals now you will automatically get them when you go with the HD package. If you are getting Albany locals now, I think you may need waivers.

rockaway1836 said:
Are they the NYC locals or the Albany locals? If you are getting the NYC locals now you will automatically get them when you go with the HD package. If you are getting Albany locals now, I think you may need waivers.
They come from NYC.I guess I am going to continue getting them without a waiver,correct???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)