You know what offends me about Voom's programming?

cyuhnke said:
Joe Sixpack isn't an idiot. The majority of people in this country know what an HDTV is. But Joe doesn't care about fashion, art, museum exhibits, and alternative lifestyles. He likes cold beer and Jerry Bruckheimer movies and tv shows. He likes to see a little skin, but no nudity in the daytime at least. He doesn't like soccer unless he's watching his kid's game. He also doesn't like seeing washed up musicians and hip-hoppers performing. He may like music, but he doesn't care for concerts. The only thing the Voom exclusives offer him are the movie channels. But the current selection is so bad, he'll never watch them.

How much more right can this man be. Amen Brotha.

eschu97611 said:
Not the one fixated on "Tanya's breasts" and "Bikini Destinations".(Oh, is that what they mean by a mid-life crisis?)-LMAO

Oh, and how about a "constructive" post Mister "constructivity?"-LMAO
God I miss tanyas taa taas

andrzej said:
This time I am not assuming anything - it is a fact.

And yes, Joe is getting D* rather than Voom. It is also a fact.

I am Joe Sixpack. I had to save up for a year to buy my HDTV. I had D*, dumped it for Voom. I couldn't care less that V* is adding Divine. I will watch for movies that interst me. I am sure there will be one or two. On the other hand, the first channels I memorized the number to, were SpikeTV, OLN and and speed. Not any of the HD exclusives. All three center around guys stuff for the most part. I just wish they were in HD. Hopefuly OLN-HD will be added quickly. Everyone in my family is Joe Sixpack, of my 5 brothers and sisters, 4 have HDTV's and now have V*. All have commented that the HD programming seems geard towards rich people and thier kids.

theph0xx said:
I'd just like to say that vurbano and cyuhnke are by far my favorite posters :D

Thank you all, I aim to please :) I'm looking at your equipment list. How are you supporting yourself through school? Are you one of those guys who steals people's kidneys? :lick

cyuhnke said:
Thank you all, I aim to please :) I'm looking at your equipment list. How are you supporting yourself through school? Are you one of those guys who steals people's kidneys? :lick

Not just kidneys, but spare testicles and pinky toes SNIP! SNIP! >=]

I should actually change my profile because I'm now an official UC Davis graduate now! 2 majors to boot!

However, I did pay for all of that while going through school. I earned a lot of credit early on and its amazing what you can buy on 24 months no interest financing! I was working 30 hours a week during school and full time in the summers as a department manager for a drug store, so I had some spare cash. I'm also one hell of a bargain hunter! Next comes law school!

cyuhnke said:
5. Joe Sixpack isn't an idiot. The majority of people in this country know what an HDTV is. But Joe doesn't care about fashion, art, museum exhibits, and alternative lifestyles. He likes cold beer and Jerry Bruckheimer movies and tv shows. He likes to see a little skin, but no nudity in the daytime at least. He doesn't like soccer unless he's watching his kid's game. He also doesn't like seeing washed up musicians and hip-hoppers performing. He may like music, but he doesn't care for concerts. The only thing the Voom exclusives offer him are the movie channels. But the current selection is so bad, he'll never watch them.

I guess I'm Joe Sixpack, because this describes me very well. The movies on Cinema 9 are awful. I mean really: Flug Tag and ice cream melting? That's someone's idea of great programming? Honestly, they could drop all the exclusives except monsters and I wouldn't notice. If they did that and added RSNs I'd be SUPER happy. Wait, then it'd be D*. Hmmmm...:eureka

I want to know what is the age group / range for people who like the Voom Exclusives. To me..they havent showed anything that would interest anyone under 25. I don't know how to do a poll but if someone can help me do one..it would be cool.

astrossuperfan said:
I guess I'm Joe Sixpack, because this describes me very well. The movies on Cinema 9 are awful. I mean really: Flug Tag and ice cream melting? That's someone's idea of great programming? Honestly, they could drop all the exclusives except monsters and I wouldn't notice. If they did that and added RSNs I'd be SUPER happy. Wait, then it'd be D*. Hmmmm...:eureka

I disagree. I take their HD channels over any FoxSport Channel.

Another good eye candy show on HDNET is Hotlines, with 3 (sometimes 4) gorgeous babes running around in bikinis doing outdoor stuff like cliff diving, fishing, snorkling and cavorting in the sun. Not as good as Bikini Destinations for pure babe watching but still nice to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts