You might be a SatelliteGuy if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may only apply to staff and pub members, but here goes:

You might be a Satelliteguy if you spend more time working on this site then you do at your real job.

:)

Neutron said:
This may only apply to staff and pub members, but here goes:

You might be a Satelliteguy if you spend more time working on this site then you do at your real job.

:)

if you can call it working

I just help when i can.

Guilty

you might be a satelliteguy if.. you spent the day at your grandmothers house watching her quaint 20" tv trying to imagine how you got along without your big screen.

Y.m.b.a.S.G. if...
when travelling you get excited when the hotel assigns you to room 921 or 522 or 811 or 322 or some other DBS receiver model number :)

Or while staying in a Hotel you wonder why the picture is so clear then it starts raining and you get the infamous "acquiring satellite signal" flash on the screen.

dfergie said:
You just might be a SatelliteGuy if... You hear the phrase "this BUDs for you" and you get all excited thinking yore gonna get a C-band dish...instead of a beer or an illegal substance....

hahahahahaha!!!

Someone just told me that the other day....just picked a c-band dish up last night :)

Now I know for sure I am a SatelliteGuy: I have sun blocking film on my Family Room window and when I look out the window, it has an effect of looking like a picture suffering from severe macro blocking.

You might be a satellite guy if:

You wouldn't dare drop all of D*, E*, V*, because you really can't be a "Cable guy"

i am hardcore satellite guy-LOL

OH MY GOSH, I AM A SATELLITE GUY.....LOL, I AM GUILTY OF ALMOST ALL OF THE ABOVE POSTS. FROM (IN MY CASE MY FRONT YARD IS THE SOUTHERN SKY)i HAVE A SMALL DISH FARM IN THE FRONT YARD ALTHOUGH IT IS A VERY NEAT ONE WITH EVERYTHING POLE MOUNTED AND RG-11 IN 3/4 CONDUIT UNDER GROUND, I AM THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NEIGBORHOOD.(THE SAME NEIGHBORS THAT HAVE CABLE WITH A CRAPPY PICTURE, HIGH COST, LIMITED CHANNELS. (THEY HAVE NO SPECIAL INTEREST CHANNELS AND LIVE NEWS FEEDS LIKE ME :D . I AM ALSO GUILTY OF REPEAKING THE DISH BECAUSE SIGNAL QUALITY DROPS A COUPLE OF POINTS. I AM DEFINITELY A SATELLITE GUY :D :D :D :D

I don't have any dogs so yep

I had one dog but she passed away in my arms :(

Seven sitting on my subwoofer beside my computer desk... 2 D*(one which go's with its now dead receiver) , 1 E*, Replay, Tv, dvd and Sound Receiver... Have 3 dogs, but one might be Pregnant... :) Just noticed 2 remotes on a shelf that go to Audio receivers that I fried....

Remotes for my HT:
  1. TV 1 (46" RP)
  2. TV 2 (13", next to TV 1)
  3. Stereo system
  4. DVD player (5-disc)
  5. E* 522 TV1
  6. E* 921 (RF)
  7. FTA receiver
  8. Standalone HD receiver
  9. VCR
  10. (sometimes) E* 522 TV2 (RF)
  11. (not set up yet) Linux HTPC
Dogs: none...

You might be a SatelliteGuy if...
  • You have a deactivated receiver sitting around "because you might have a need for it some day."
  • You are one of the first 100,000 subscribers that signed up with your DBS provider.
  • You have, after a blizzard, climbed a ladder to the 2nd story roof to clear the snow and ice off your dish "because I can't wait for it to melt off."
  • You know you should wait to buy an MPEG4-compatible HD-DVR, but went ahead and ordered a DVR-942 because you want to record HD NOW!!!
  • Your signature lists your DBS Receivers, their Firmware versions, how many dishes you have, where they're pointed, and the LNBf types.
  • You change your Avatar as often as you change your underware. And you know which thread that last bit comes from, as well as the poster...

Attachments

• Dish500.jpg
    Dish500.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.