Young and The Restless not Recording?

That American Girl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2023
Columbus Ohio
Been getting a LOT of calls on this show not recording off of a customer's locals. In various areas, and various times.

Google was no help.

Anyone know what might be going on?

All different receivers, VIP, Hopper, etc, and timers either set automatically, or even manually.

Other shows on the same channel will record....

My recurring timer for Y&R's been recording normally, including today's episode. They're still airing new episode - no reruns, yet. Signal is from San Antonio, TX. Good luck!

Been getting a LOT of calls on this show not recording off of a customer's locals. In various areas, and various times.

Google was no help.

All different receivers, VIP, Hopper, etc, and timers either set automatically, or even manually.

We are dedicated and addicted to the Young & The Restless. We use our Hopper 3 satellite local channel on western arc in the St Lous DMA and not having any timer or recording issues. Also, on my other Hopper 3 with a Plus setup, no issues too using OTA timers.

Wifey watches the show, but due to Dish disputes with local CBS station (KIRO) and other things, this justified me paying for Paramount + commercial free plan, which also just by coincidence has the New Star Trek shows and it shaves off 20 minutes per Y&R episode of main 4K TV time, because she only bing watches the weeks Y&R episodes, 2 days per week.
This also made me drop locals from Dish, OTA was very finicky.

Google was no help.

Dish might have a flag set on a local station that won't allow it to be recorded...it happened to me on a different show...but anything on that channel couldnt be recorded

Reactions: charlesrshell

Google was no help.

Is there a specific market this is happening in? Usually this is either caused by bad metadata for a specific local or an incorrect channel configuration on the back-end. If you notice a market trend post it here and I'll look into it.

My wife noticed this last week. We just created a new timer for it, and no issues since.

I have done this several times for other timers over the years as well.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

Is there a specific market this is happening in? Usually this is either caused by bad metadata for a specific local or an incorrect channel configuration on the back-end. If you notice a market trend post it here and I'll look into it.
This has been going on a long time for the satellite channels in the St Louis DMA western arc. The on line Titan TV listings is 99% accurate most of the time. In Titan TV I have favorite channels set up. I check it daily against my Hopper 3 timer schedule. If there is a “new” in my Titan listing and my Hopper schedule doesn’t have it set to record, I restore the timer to record it because I trust the Titan listing. 99% of the time the Hopper was incorrect. The program was in fact a new program. I have done this procedure for years. Keeps me out of hot water with the wife.

Reactions: Bobby
My wife noticed this last week. We just created a new timer for it, and no issues since.

I have done this several times for other timers over the years as well.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

If a new timer fixed it then the provider or gracenote probably changed the series ID. I'll see if we have any knowledge of that happening.

This has been going on a long time for the satellite channels in the St Louis DMA western arc. The on line Titan TV listings is 99% accurate most of the time. In Titan TV I have favorite channels set up. I check it daily against my Hopper 3 timer schedule. If there is a “new” in my Titan listing and my Hopper schedule doesn’t have it set to record, I restore the timer to record it because I trust the Titan listing. 99% of the time the Hopper was incorrect. The program was in fact a new program. I have done this procedure for years. Keeps me out of hot water with the wife.

For this specific show? Any others you have noticed its happening on?

Change the timer to either new and reruns or daily timer. It will record the show if it runs and skip on the weekends. I had to change timers before for GMA to daily at one time because it was skipping on at least one of them a week on Fridays.

For this specific show? Any others you have noticed its happening on?
No. I have The Young & The Restless timer set to "New & Reruns" for both Hoppers to make sure it fires off. I mostly see the issue for the satellite channels. In fact, I have an example for you. On the HGTV channel 112 today at 9 PM eastern (8 PM central), Christina on the Coast is a new season program according to the TitanTV listing. Hopper says S4 E5 first aired 9/29/23. Hopper timer was not set to fire, so I restored it. You can bet that it will be a new program and the Hopper is incorrect.

Attachments

• Hopper Schedule HGTV.jpg
    Hopper Schedule HGTV.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 56
Will do. I know there's a few post in Forums on this. It's just so...random. it's not like NONE are recording, but they'll either not record for a week, then record one or two, then stop.

And in the DVR menu it doesn't say skipped for either a conflict, or because it wasn't new, it just...doesn't record. Even if the customer sets a manual timer.

I can't recall if any were using an OTA tuner though.

Mine Also stopped recording then I realized I lost all my SD channels .
So now I had to set it to tape on HD.
I noticed another thing with Y& R they restarted the episode # starting back to # 1 after there 50 yr celebration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts