Your 622... Shipped or with Installer?

How did your 622 arrive?

• Shipped to me

Votes: 129 90.2%
  • Installer brought it

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters
My story in a nutshell. Ordered 622 and HD upgrade on 2/6. I was given an install date of 2/28. Called last Friday to confirm and was told install was still set and the installer would bring 622 with him. Called this morning to double check and was told that I should have received it by now. Installer would NOT bring it. Sorry sir, we don't have any right now so your new install date is 3/31. Hopefully we can send you one by then. Meanwhile of course, they have had my $299 since 2/6. I calmly explained to the fine CSR that that was unacceptable and cancelled the 622 and the install. They will credit me back my $299. I need to rethink this whole mess.

sk8man said:
My story in a nutshell. Ordered 622 and HD upgrade on 2/6. I was given an install date of 2/28. Called last Friday to confirm and was told install was still set and the installer would bring 622 with him. Called this morning to double check and was told that I should have received it by now. Installer would NOT bring it. Sorry sir, we don't have any right now so your new install date is 3/31. Hopefully we can send you one by then. Meanwhile of course, they have had my $299 since 2/6. I calmly explained to the fine CSR that that was unacceptable and cancelled the 622 and the install. They will credit me back my $299. I need to rethink this whole mess.

I don't blame you cancelling. Did they say why the install was so far out. Is it lack of 622's? Tell them to give you a new customers 622 and make them wait

I got my 622 on friday. Now just waiting for install. To repeat an earlier question, how do I get my installer's # so I can make sure all dish, switches have been supplied.

Here is an email from ceo@echostar.com that I received today after I asked why my install date was so far out.

The receivers are shipping out to engage with the installation dates scheduled. Your date is for the 14th of March and probably wont ship until this week. This way we can be sure you have the receiver once it’s time for installation. Once I receive the tracking number I will contact my field office to see if I can get you installed earlier.

Matt

So we'll see if he does anything.

I called Feb 2nd. They told me that the 622 would be brought by the installer. Guess what showed up at my door yesterday? A shiny brand new VIP 622. Install date of March 5th (Sunday).

mdntblu said:
Here is an email from ceo@echostar.com that I received today after I asked why my install date was so far out.

The receivers are shipping out to engage with the installation dates scheduled. Your date is for the 14th of March and probably wont ship until this week. This way we can be sure you have the receiver once it’s time for installation. Once I receive the tracking number I will contact my field office to see if I can get you installed earlier.

Matt

So we'll see if he does anything.

Matt solved my problem for me quickly (I had a tracking number 36 hours after he first contacted me in response to my ceo@echostar.com complaint email). He even activated the 622 himself for me. Just make sure you call him before 5pm mountain time. He bails to go home then...... I started hooking mine up 6:20 ET last night and JUST got him as he was getting ready to bail after 30 minutes fo software and guide downloads.

Matt, thanks for solving my problem. After CSR hell, it was nice to just have someone quickly cut through the red tape.....

If you are having trouble and you find your blood pressure rising, send a passionate but polite email to ceo@echostar.com and things may get fixed a whole lot sooner.......

gdarwin said:
Matt took care of me also. My 622 has arrived for install tomorrow.

Thanks Matt!

I had emailed Matt once before and he responded quickly. After my exciting chat with the clueless csr yesterday, I emailed Matt again asking for help. I haven't heard from him yet, but I bet he's a busy guy. ;)

Just to let you know, I just received an email from Matt and he is on the case. I now have faith things will be resolved and I'll have that 622 soon. Nice to know there is someone you can contact when everyone seems clueless.

Last edited:
Just to update, all I recieved so far is an empty box and 22 different stories, but no 622, no tracking number, no nothing, a complete debacle from start to finish.

BobMurdoch said:
Matt solved my problem for me quickly (I had a tracking number 36 hours after he first contacted me in response to my ceo@echostar.com complaint email). He even activated the 622 himself for me. Just make sure you call him before 5pm mountain time. He bails to go home then...... I started hooking mine up 6:20 ET last night and JUST got him as he was getting ready to bail after 30 minutes fo software and guide downloads.

Matt, thanks for solving my problem. After CSR hell, it was nice to just have someone quickly cut through the red tape.....

If you are having trouble and you find your blood pressure rising, send a passionate but polite email to ceo@echostar.com and things may get fixed a whole lot sooner.......

How does it feel to have the rest of the locals in high definition? You only had CBS until now. I won't need my DVR, Scientific Atlanta from Cabelvision for locals any longer but I think I will hold on to it for a while longer. I remember over the last two years we were both considering over the air locals but we had trees to contend with. I had my 622 installed yesterday at about 7:30 in the evening. Its was supposed to be an afternoon install. I had it all prepared. He just had to plug it in the same way my 921 had been. I had 921 installed so that he could see everything was working correctly.

Can I ask you, what makes you think it shipped out? Did they give you a tracking number? And yes I sent several emails to that e-mail. sorry didnt see that you did get a tracking number.

Receiving a tracking # from this company is like getting NBR for the 50x series from this company. Was trying to think of a good comparison to something else but a E* scenario seems to fit the bill the best. Don't believe until you see the package in hand. My 921 crapped out 6 months ago and they gave me a tracking number and 2 weeks later I actually received the real tracking number and a week later the box. First they gave a FedEx# and eventually the box came UPS.

I was going to hold out for the April 1st deal but then had 2nd thoughts and ordered one under the $299 deal on 3/1.

FWIW this is per Natalie Winters when she responed to my email to CEO office on 3/1 durning which I ordered my 622.

Within hours of placing the order the cost was posted on my CC account which kind of mifted me, so I emailed her yesterday about when it would actually be shipped.

She told me the usual ship time is 10 days before the scheduled install date and that when it actually ships, she'll email me the tracking # .

She also confirmed that the units are shipped to the customer's address in most cases but any required install hardware comes with the installer.

She also stated that it ships with only a component cable for the HD connection and not a HDMI.

She also confirmed that contrary to what some are saying, ONLY the 942 / 921 subs can get the April 1st $200 rebate deal and that they MUST return their 942 / 921 to get it. That's what convinced me to not wait any longer. For $200 bucks, it's worth it to keep my 942 to replace my 508.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)