Your 622... Shipped or with Installer?

How did your 622 arrive?

• Shipped to me

Votes: 129 90.2%
  • Installer brought it

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters
Ditto. Mark solved the logjam I had when the CSR botched my initial work order (they had set an install date, but didn't actually add the 622 to the order so I lost two weeks when they had to start all over). He not only got my box out the door, but emailed me every step of the way, and even activated it for me.

E* should be creating another 100 positions like Matt's. If there were more guys like him around, there would be a whole LOT less moaning from us (well, we'll still whine about the bugs, but at least we wouldn't be hammering them about shipping and setup issues)

I had quite an experience getting my ViP622. I called E* on Thursday March 9th. to check on the receiver, as my install date was the 11th. The CSR could not give me a tracking number, but said it was processed. That made me a little nervous. I e-mailed to the ceo address and Matt replied within minutes. They had lost the order, and he would overnight the 622. Wow, now that is service! Matt really came through.

I had the 622 hooked up and was downloading the software (Thanks to you experts in these forums) when the installer arrived. This was his first 622 install, and he was not at all familiar with the receiver. All he did was call in the completed work order and activate the new 622. That was alright with me. Nobody is more familiar with my electronics than me. That had to be the easiest install he ever had! As for the 622, I love it. It is light-years ahead of the old 811.

:mad: Man, my 622 is less than an hour away from me, but I won't get it until Monday!! OH THE AGONY!!!

On Time

Scheduled Delivery: 03/27/2006
Shipped to: WATERLOO, SC, US
Shipped or Billed on: 03/23/2006

Tracking Number: 1Z xxx xxx xx xxxx xxx x
Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 17.00 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 03/27/2006.

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity
WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 03/25/2006 7:01 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/25/2006 6:50 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 03/24/2006 9:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/24/2006 2:05 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
COMMERCE CITY, CO, US 03/23/2006 9:44 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/23/2006 8:13 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
03/23/2006 7:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/23/2006 7:06 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 03/23/2006 12:39 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 03/25/2006 9:19 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

NOTICE: UPS authorizes you to use UPS tracking systems solely to track shipments tendered by or for you to UPS for delivery and for no other purpose. Any other use of UPS tracking systems and information is strictly prohibited.

Mine came on Teusday of this week for an install of today, 25th. I was told by the CSR when I ordered it at the end of Feb to not expect it until 3-4 days before the install. They were right on. Too many people expected the unit to shipped right after they ordered it and they were disappointed. I guess I got lucky with an honest, informed CSR.

I was told by Natalie that mine was shipped out as of yesterday via UPS. I was given a tracking number, but I am unable to track it at this moment. My install date is set for Monday April 3.

I ordered my 622 on March 7th then followed up with 5 calls trying to find where it was. The last call was the 25th and the Tech told me the installer would bring it with him, then UPS delivered the unit on the 26th. I don't know who to believe now.

My install is set for today between noon and 5pm and it is 11:45am now. It rained most of the day yesterday and all last night, and so far no phone calls from the installer verifying the install. I'm to the point that it will be a surprise if the install happens on schedule.

It's 10 to 1 Shipped versus brought with. Mine is being shipped via UPS (Matt at exec office gave me shipping no) arrival tomorrow 3/31.
The Exec resolution team told me they always ship, of course 12 people here proved that wrong but not sure if they were retailer installs versus dish.
I have my install for next week and i was going to wait for the 622 install it and cancel the dish install, but i want them to repeak the d1000, so i'm keeping the install date. This whole 12-5 or 8-12 thing, not just dish, is the most unfriendly customer service thing, it drives me nuts i wish delivery and utilities etc would provide more up to date info.

Last edited:
Ordered my 622 the day it was released on 1 February. The CSR told me the player would ship immediately and that I would receive it in 5 to 7 business days. The unit arrived on 3/20, 48 days later.

The installer arrived on 3/28 and put up the new Dish 1000 and activated the player (he tried taking my Dish 500 but I wouldn't let him). The 622 didn't come with an HDMI cable and the installer said he didn't have one, that I'd have to buy it myself. Instead he hooked it up by a component video cable. PQ was not that impressive, of course. Also, about three minutes after he left, a message appeared on my screen saying I had to connect the 622 to a phone line before I could continue viewing a signal.

Now I could have purchased an HDMI cable on eBay for $10 (I'd already purchased a couple HDMI cables online for use with other components), but I just couldn't wait, so I bought one at a local store for $50. I also bought an AC phone line extender so I wouldn't have to run a new phone line.

Although I'm still pissed at E* Customer Service's false promises and misinformation, I must say that the 622 looks AWESOME. Now I just need my SF locals in HD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts