• Installer brought it

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
OK, to only those folks who already have their 622 - a leased one, not one you bought yourself:

Did they ship your 622 prior to install?

or

Did the installer bring it with them?

If you haven't got your 622 yet, don't answer - once you do, select its arrival method.

Judgning by posts in various threads, It seems everyone's gotten there's shipped. Maybe this poll will weed out the few that did not.

There have been tons of posts this last week from people who signed up for the lease getting thier 622's shipped by UPS. They are the same posts that mention having to cancel their work orders in order for Dish to activate them. I believe they got tracking numbers from Dish also.

I called to try to lease one and they wouldn't ship it to me...the lady said an installer HAS to come and install it since it's leased equipment. Is that normal?

my brother is leasing a 622...they shipped it to him like th other folks have been reporting. Got his last week...install is this afternoon to get the Dish 1000.

Wife just called to tell that I received my VIP-622. Ohh the pain get worse. I have no HD channels until 02/27. Am going to try and get it activated. I will post results later!

The folks at Dish have got me really confused. I've had different stories from different CSR's. Three have said the since the 622 is on backorder it will come with the installer. The others said it will be shipped to me direct. Also about half have told me I will need a Dish 1000 and (since I already have a second dish for Voom) the others say I will not need a new dish. I have an install date of 3/14. Wonder if that will change?

I have no idea how mine is going to arrive. No one seems to know what is going on.... Calling again tonight :confused:

On Its way...

Well-
I emailed the CEO mailbox at DISH asking about my receiver. I got a response back in 30 minutes - no, i'm not kidding!

I ordered on 2/3 for a 3/4 install - I was informed my 622 was sent from DISH to UPS yesterday - and that i'd be emailed the tracking number within the next day or two.

So, here's another vote for the 622 being shipped!

Just got the 622 today. It came via UPS. Now I have to wait for the installer to come on 2/28. The temptation to rig it up myself is going to drive me nuts between now and the 28th.

Whoever voted for "installer brought it" is this accurate, or based on what they told you? I know a lot of folks have been told it was being brought by an installer only to have it shipped to them instead. So, do you have actual physical possession of a 622 that was delivered by an installer, not UPS?

Emailed ceo and asked where my 622 was to be deliverd from. Within 2 minutes I got an email back saying it would be shipped by UPS - and they would email the tracking number as soon as they have it.

it was a mistake. i voted installer since i was told i didnt have the option of it being shipped.

Okay where to begin? On 2/1 I was told it would be shipped and arrive in 7-10 days. 7-10 days came and went and I calld Dish. They told me a box was on its way and I'd have it the next day. Called back about something later and then was told the box would be empty. Told to put the old receiver in the box and send it out. I called a day or two and later and was told the installer would bring it and that "no one was getting them shipped directly." I was also told that I shouldn't return my defunct 510 just yet and that I should wait until the install was complete. I called them this past Sunday to give them my work number because I wanted to make sure I'd get a chance to speak to the installer. The CSR took my work info and when I told her about the installer bringing out the receiver she informed that the receiver had shipped. I was totally surprised. She couldn't give any tracking info but did tell me the unit shipped Wednesday of last week. On Monday UPS delivered my new 622. Now with a little luck the installer will bring me a Dish 100, the CSR on 2/1 told me I could get all my HD programming with a Dish 500. I double checked and a Dish 1000 was added to my work order. Please pray for me, my install date is 2/28. Talk about an adventure.

I placed my order on Feb 20th and was told that they can't ship it to me. I even told the guy I am good at installing this type of equipment and he said the installer would bring it to me. So tonight I emailed ceo@echostar.com and asked for a tracking number (gave them my account number and phone number) so we'll see if they send me one. now let's say they ship it. I currently have 2 Dish 510's with one dish 500. If I install the new 622 before they get to my install date of March 14th will it work with the current setup. I will most likely be removing the 2 510's and running both of those "in" cables to the new 622 tuner 1 and tuner 2. Then I will run Check Switch and make sure everything comes up. Now will everything work this way or will I have to do something else? I know it needs to be activated but I'm sure I can call and fake my way through that. I've heard of people doing it before. Is the Dish 1000 necessary and if I do in fact get everything done will I still want the installer to install the Dish 1000?
Thanks for your help in advance.

AIsmail said:
Okay where to begin? On 2/1 I was told it would be shipped and arrive in 7-10 days. 7-10 days came and went and I calld Dish. They told me a box was on its way and I'd have it the next day. Called back about something later and then was told the box would be empty. Told to put the old receiver in the box and send it out. I called a day or two and later and was told the installer would bring it and that "no one was getting them shipped directly." I was also told that I shouldn't return my defunct 510 just yet and that I should wait until the install was complete. I called them this past Sunday to give them my work number because I wanted to make sure I'd get a chance to speak to the installer. The CSR took my work info and when I told her about the installer bringing out the receiver she informed that the receiver had shipped. I was totally surprised. She couldn't give any tracking info but did tell me the unit shipped Wednesday of last week. On Monday UPS delivered my new 622. Now with a little luck the installer will bring me a Dish 100, the CSR on 2/1 told me I could get all my HD programming with a Dish 500. I double checked and a Dish 1000 was added to my work order. Please pray for me, my install date is 2/28. Talk about an adventure.

Same deal hear. I ordered on 2/1. I received the 622 on 2/20 with an install scheduled on 2/28. I was also told it would ship in between seven and ten days. It looks like on this thread there are three of us with an install on 2/28. Can't wait to share our install stories and evaluations.

Install date is 2/24. Was called about 2/9, told they had an opening, would I like it today, or course I said yes.

Installer showed up.. Asked if I had a 622, I said NO..

installer left. He didn't have 622.

I called DISH since I was never told it was going to be shipped to me, just to see whats up.

DISH CSR told me tech would bring me the 622 when he comes for the install.

About 2/15 "Ding-Dong" UPS delivers my 622.

I call the installer who called on the 2/9 date, and said "Hey I have my 622, can you come install the new DISH?"

My 622 is waiting for the Tech to come on the orginal install date (2 days from now)

So half ass:confused:

I just dropped ye ole ceo an email, let's see what happens.

My install's on March 3, so I'm expecting to get it this week, unless I end up being the first to actually have the installer bring it.

On Its way..

As a follow up to my post - received my email from the CEO contact today with my tracking number!!!

My 17lb box of joy will be delivered tomorrow! :)

Not sure if they'll let it there with noone home - but we shall see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)