How did your 622 arrive?

• Shipped to me

Votes: 129 90.2%
  • Installer brought it

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters
LER said:
UPS says mine's out for delivery.

So, I should finally be able to see what the HDTV below will do :)

LER
Nothing against you buddy but what a way to do business, I ordered 3 days before you same install date and when I email ceo@echstar.com, all I get is that when a tracking number is generated they will forward it to me, I wish I got Matt and not Natalie Winters.

Well I had it with them, no tracking number no 622, no nothing and install scheduled in less than a week, they have had my money for a month now, they suck and they just lost a customer. Heres the last email I got from ceo@echostar.com,The order is in process of shipping and has not processed a tracking # yet. This should be available by this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning. You will have the equipment prior to the install on Saturday March 10, 2006. Once the tracking # comes in I will forward it to you. This does little for me since I have been hearing Bullsh!t from them for a month now. BTW I got that email yesterday morning.

Hello, I'm new to the boards. I've been reading these boards over the last few days and you all have been inadvertently helpful! I finally decided to sign up, Anyway, I ordered my ViP622 on Wednesday March 1. I was told the earliest install date I could get is on Monday April 3 between 12-5PM. I was also told that the installer would bring the unit. I decided to e-mail Natalie about 30 minutes ago and got a response 10 minutes ago! Here's her exact response.

Thank you for your email. Your install date is scheduled for April 1st, the 622 is shipped 7-10 days prior to the install. Your equipment will be shipped around March 26, 2006 since this is a Sunday the shipment should go out either Friday March 24th or Monday March 27th. Around this date I will have a UPS tracking number for you.

I read somewhere in this thread that the HDMI cable is not included with this unit. Are most of you using an HDMI cable or component cables? How does the picture look with each? Which is better?

see the pm I sent you HDProjekt. I bought a HDMI cable for reasonable $.

I've also got it hooked up via the RCA plugs, but am using the HDMI input on the set at the moment. This is all new to me too. (First exposure to HD).

Ler, I got your PM, thanks for the fast reply! I've been pricing different sites on the internet for the HDMI Cable. There are too many to choose from! While I'm thinking about it, what have you used to clean your TV screen? I don't want to buy anything, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my screen by using windex! Sorry guys for getting off the topic of "Shipped or with Installer"

HDProjekt said:
Ler, I got your PM, thanks for the fast reply! I've been pricing different sites on the internet for the HDMI Cable. There are too many to choose from! While I'm thinking about it, what have you used to clean your TV screen? I don't want to buy anything, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my screen by using windex! Sorry guys for getting off the topic of "Shipped or with Installer"
I haven't had to clean the screen yet (I've only had the set for 3 weeks :) )

HDProjekt said:
...While I'm thinking about it, what have you used to clean your TV screen? I don't want to buy anything, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my screen by using windex! Sorry guys for getting off the topic of "Shipped or with Installer"
I use eyeglass cleaner and a 3M microfiber cloth to clean my screen... The same stuff I use to clean my eyeglasses and it works very well.

First, use the microfiber cloth like a duster to, well, dust the screen.
Next, shake the cloth out to get any dust off of it (away from your screen)
Next, spray the screen lightly with the lense cleaning solution
Finally, use the microfiber cloth to clean and "polish" your screen.

The lense cleaning solution is VERY mild and has anti-static properties, prolonging how long your screen will stay clean.

Well my 622 finally came today, I hooked it up no problem and called and got advanced tech support and was up and running in less than 20 minutes, awesome reciever, was it worth the wait and the Bullsh!t runaround? I will let you know.

sk8man said:
Just to let you know, I just received an email from Matt and he is on the case. I now have faith things will be resolved and I'll have that 622 soon. Nice to know there is someone you can contact when everyone seems clueless.

A follow up to some earlier posts I made. The 622 arrived on Friday 3/3 just like Matt said it would. On Tuesday, the 7th, the installer showed up at about 9:30, just like Matt said. Put in the Dish 1000 and activated the 622 and all is great. For me, the 622 locks in ota better than the tuner on my HD set. I am very pleased so far. I sent Matt a thank you note for getting the job done. It's just a shame that the csr's can't get things done so that you don't have to go to people like Matt. I have not experienced any of the problems with my 622 that some folks are reporting.

I called about the VIP622 upgrade on 2/17 and my install is set for 3/25. The CSR told me that the 622 would arrive with the install tech. Because of this thread, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com to inquire about the delivery method of my 622. I received the following response from our friend Matt.

The receivers are shipped out UPS and are usually sent 10 days before your installation date. Around the 16th of March I should have a tracking number and I will send it to you.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Thank You

Matt XXXXXXXX

CEO Escalations

Last edited:
rgerst said:
I called about the VIP622 upgrade on 2/17 and my install is set for 3/25. The CSR told me that the 622 would arrive with the install tech. Because of this thread, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com to inquire about the delivery method of my 622. I received the following response from our friend Matt.

The receivers are shipped out UPS and are usually sent 10 days before your installation date. Around the 16th of March I should have a tracking number and I will send it to you.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Thank You

Matt XXXXXXXX

CEO Escalations

It sounds like Matt is coming through again. :D :up

Who REALLY knows on this, right? I just called Dish to get my tracking number and the CSR said my installer would bring it with him. That's not what they told me when I ordered it. They said it would take 7-10 business days to arrive. On day 9 now. I've already received my empty boxes.

SO...I think I'll call back later (but prior to my install date of April 8th) to re-confirm that! ;) Unless of course...my 622 is at my doorstep tonight.:p

Sounds like there's not really a policy in place on how they're 'sending' their customers these receivers.

It's generally shipped 10days or so before your install date. So I'd expect it to ship around the 28th of March (give or take).

LER

Question. I see when I ordered lease upgrade yesterday they did preauth on my credit card. Now preauth has dropped off as they have not charged it yet. This is common with lots of credit card purchases. I thought I read that they infact have been doing a final charge to CC right when you order 622, not like lots of stores that only do final charge when they ship it. Anyone notice when they were charged?

They billed my card right away for the full amount. Nearly one month later and still no 622! So I called yesterday and cancelled my order.

Now there is a $230 credit in my Dish Network account. They already used it to pay my AT180 bill for one month, about $70.

Last edited:
HDProjekt said:

My samsung TV had a postcard inside the manual that I sent in and they sent me a special cloth and cleaner for my TV. Works great. Samsung rocks!!!

As a follow up, I would like to say that I have been very impressed with the help that I received from Matt at CEO Escalations. He has responded to every email that I sent and he provided a tracking number when my VIP622 was shipped. UPS delivered the VIP622 last night and I am waiting patiently for my install this Saturday. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)