Your 921 Wishlist

I don't have my 921 yet, It's on order.

But, there's a couple of things that I know I'd like to see added to the 921 options.

1. An expansion card for a second OTA Tuner. This is a critical one in my opinion. I've got 8 active digital stations in my area and have programs on opposite each other I'd like to be able to record.
2. An expansion card to send HD content into another room via RG-6 and some mini STB's to plug into them. A la the upcoming Voom DVR.
3. More HDD space.
4. DVD recording expansion whever HD-DVD comes out.

The 921 has the potential for some serious expandibility, especially being based on Linux which is easy to code drivers for. Dish should really take advantage of this. The 921 literally has the potential of being the mother of all STB's since it has the expansion slots in it. Make the cards and we will buy!

Dish should also bring out a Sat Tuner card to be able to bring it up to 3. I'd love to have 3 sat x 2 OTA. That would be perfection in a DVR.

I'm sure I'll add to this list once I have the 921 in hand and can critique the software.

The major problem with the 3rd tuner is that you could never access it. The chip set has a two tuner limit. A second Off air tuner would be great as it would give you the same feature set for recording variety as the sat channels. HDTIVO has the second off air tuner but it also has a limit of accessing only teo tuners at any one time.

At one time I thought I could be recording two sat channels while watching an OTA channel but I now know that is not possible with the 921 nor the HDTIVO. Consequently, I have my backup 6000 to watch for those times when two recordings are being done and I want to surf the channels on live. Like tonight

I didn't realize there was a 2 tuner 'active' limit on the 921. That's a drag. I still think it would be a wonderful idea to get a 2nd OTA though so you can at least record 2 OTA at once like the HDTivo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts