Your Immediate Action Needed to Retain FTA Broadcaster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank You Jimmy for this awsome news.
Some 21 years ago, I bought three lifetime Subscriptions of Sky angel just to get GMT for me and my two sons families. Then we lost it all and was without GMT for five years, until recent FTA Satellite reception on Amc 4.

Awesome News! I'm glad that they realize that they'll reach a much bigger audience by maintaining the Ku feed. I wish that more broadcasters would do the same.

Filled out the survey a few days ago, but because of lack of results in the past, wasn't really expecting much, but it's good to see that someone was listening. Hey, maybe we're more influential as a group than we thought!

Family Friendly Entertainment will soon be moving to Galaxy19 on or about 2/9/2010. The new location parameters will be:

Satellite: Galaxy19
Frequency: 12060
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 22000

VPID 2028
APID: 3028
PCR: 2028
SID 28

I assume GeoSatPro units with Glorystar setups will automatically update?

Of course! The beauty of the GEOSATpro units is that they are a strong FTA hobbyist receiver and also perfect for networks. We have the new channel information ready to queue up to the satellite for automatic updating of the receivers. The Glorystar viewers at home don't have to do a thing. No reaiming, no set-up menus, no scanning ...... FEE will automatically reappear!

Imagine talking 100,000+ Glorystar viewers through a scan... Better yet, imagine talking your grandmother (times 100,000+) through the menus to erase an the old channel then scan a new channel! :eek:

Of course! The beauty of the GEOSATpro units is that they are a strong FTA hobbyist receiver and also perfect for networks. We have the new channel information ready to queue up to the satellite for automatic updating of the receivers. The Glorystar viewers at home don't have to do a thing. No reaiming, no set-up menus, no scanning ...... FEE will automatically reappear!

Imagine talking 100,000+ Glorystar viewers through a scan... Better yet, imagine talking your grandmother (times 100,000+) through the menus to erase an the old channel then scan a new channel! :eek:
Imagine how wonderful it would be to receive this type of automatic update without altering the non-Glorystar channels? :D

I know this is not a current capability! But it sure would be an awesome one! Seriously, of the various methods to accomplish this, are any technically feasible with the current generation of GSpro hardware? If not, may I request you look at this capability with the next generation of receivers?

Of course, we don't yet know how the FreeDBS service will operate, but the possibility of multiple auto-updates (Glorystar, FreeDBS, etc) plus hobbyist scanned channels seems more and more likely to be desired.

Thank you-

Imagine how wonderful it would be to receive this type of automatic update without altering the non-Glorystar channels? :D

I know this is not a current capability! But it sure would be an awesome one! Seriously, of the various methods to accomplish this, are any technically feasible with the current generation of GSpro hardware? If not, may I request you look at this capability with the next generation of receivers?

Not futuristic at all! The ability to update specific channels while allowing customer scanned channels already exists in GEOSATpro beta firmware. We are working on a few other functions that share channel data before releasing this firmware feature. Example: In the Advanced Mode, customers currently can update the firmware without erasing the channel list. We don't advise this due to the possibility that the satellite / transponder list might be modified and the channel list data would no longer be valid.

Of course, we don't yet know how the FreeDBS service will operate, but the possibility of multiple auto-updates (Glorystar, FreeDBS, etc) plus hobbyist scanned channels seems more and more likely to be desired.

Thank you-

GEOSATpro receivers currently have the ability to manage multiple channel lists and auto-updates for multiple distribution groups and support multiple satellite positions. The firmware provides inclusive or exclusive channel list updating, permits EPG updating from single or multiple data streams or standard type on individual transponders. Of particular interest to broadcasters are the multiple virtual channels (JPEG or MPEG) for program promotion or advertising. These virtual channels do not require a full time transponder and are served from the internal memory loaded during the OTA-SSU downloads.

I am ready for both of these items! I have a couple of friends, whose systems I have set up, that will want to trade in the Mercury II for the new models of receivers -- I hope they will be very willing to pay to upgrade.

Not futuristic at all! The ability to update specific channels while allowing customer scanned channels already exists in GEOSATpro beta firmware. We are working on a few other functions that share channel data before releasing this firmware feature. Example: In the Advanced Mode, customers currently can update the firmware without erasing the channel list. We don't advise this due to the possibility that the satellite / transponder list might be modified and the channel list data would no longer be valid.

GEOSATpro receivers currently have the ability to manage multiple channel lists and auto-updates for multiple distribution groups and support multiple satellite positions. The firmware provides inclusive or exclusive channel list updating, permits EPG updating from single or multiple data streams or standard type on individual transponders. Of particular interest to broadcasters are the multiple virtual channels (JPEG or MPEG) for program promotion or advertising. These virtual channels do not require a full time transponder and are served from the internal memory loaded during the OTA-SSU downloads.

It's up. Still labeled Gospel Music TV though. They switched carriers and still didn't bother to change their name? Weird.

RR Sat has been turning their C-Band signal so I think the guys in Israel just mapped over the existing name.

Still in test mode, but the PQ is the best that I have ever seen for their service!

The FFE test on Galaxy19 is now completed and the channel placement on 12060 is now official. The Picture Quality is better than we have ever seen with their KU service. Any positive comments emailed to FFE regarding the return of their channel and the PQ would be well received!

If any viewer needs programming assistance with any of original receivers without the automatic update feature, step by step scanning and channel deletion instructions are available on the Glorystar website FFE - Legacy Satellite Receiver Programming

Thank you everyone for contacting FFE. I understand that FFE was swamped with hundreds of calls and even more emails! There is no doubt in my mind that the SatelliteGuys emails and calls were a major influence in FFE's decision to stay on KU-Band! Congratulations on a job well done!

Thank you everyone for contacting FFE. I understand that FFE was swamped with hundreds of calls and even more emails! There is no doubt in my mind that the SatelliteGuys emails and calls were a major influence in FFE's decision to stay on KU-Band! Congratulations on a job well done!

very cool :)

yes the picture looks better than it did before..,..must have a cleaner uplink ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts