"Your receiver is activated for whole home dvr."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryan M McGroarty

Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
I received this message on bothth of my dvrs today. when I check whole home settings it says my recvr is not authorized. what was that about?

do you not sub to whole home DVR?

I know when I got my HR34 it gave me that popup once too.....and the HR34 is the only receiver I have

Anytime I hit list on a receiver it says that.
Even when I install 1 H25.
Prob just a glitch.

I think it's from the latest update. I saw it on my HR24 after new software downloaded, but I'm not subbed to MRV either.

i got that also, on my last update and its even made me name my whole home dvr, even thought i have a single dvr also

No I do not sub to MRV b/c D* requires you to have a new channel pkg. I am a grandfathered total choice customer so I would have to pay more for the channels I already receive, then add the MRV fee also. It would increase my bill about $10/mo as I recall. Not worth it at that price. The only time I got to use it was when it was in beta for about a month.

i got the same message the other day .. they said seems to be a glitch because customer serv was getting calls from people all day about it ...

What's the point of the update telling you that you are authorized for something you are not? Is D* just trying to get more subs to sign up for the whole home, or is it truly just a mistake on their part?

Good question, but who knows really. It could be either. I figure, no harm, no foul.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)