Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BobStokesbary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Southern California
I am watching the Military Channel (287) "Top Secret Weapons Revealed" show today and thought I would record the episode for future watching. When I press the "record" button on the remote control I get the message "Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program". I am authorized to watch the Military Channel (and am in fact watching it at this moment). So, why can't I record it?

This is the first time I have ever seen this message. And as a side note, I still have 21 pct space available and have no competing items on the "To Do" list. I am totally confused.

That is strange. I've never heard of not being able to record a program that you are already receiving.

A ppv or a movie channel like HBO I can understand. This is a regular channel, though.

Well the original program was showing at 5:00 pm for the east coast and replayed at 8:00 pm for the west coast. I scheduled a recording for 8:00 pm and it worked swimmingly. I have no idea what was going on. I tried to do the recording in the 5 o'clock hour about 6 times and got the "not authorized to record this program" on each attempt. I did not leave the program and come back since I wanted to capture what was in cache. Maybe that was adding to the problem.

This appears to have been a one-off event so I am not going to worry about it. I guess this just has to be listed as one of those "who knows" happenings. Apparently others have not encountered this situation. (Except for some other events I found on my search, but those all involved sporting events that appeared to be limited for some reason or another. No one seemed to have experienced the same type of event like I did where it was an authorized channel that would not record.)

Thanks to those who posted with their thoughts.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.