Your smart card does not currenly have authorization to view or order this program.

Since this is a problem for a whole bunch of customers one would think dish would go to channell 101 which we can get and tell us what is going on. But I guess that is to much to ask!

Well, after an hour and two minutes on hold, I got a live CSR (while I watched a DVR'ed Mythbusters). And guess what I was told; yes LOTS of customers are calling about an error 005 (not authorized) on all channels except 100 and 101. And it's happening on an unspecified set of receivers. They said engineers are working on the problem, but had no estimated time before it was fixed. Thanks for telling us what we already knew.

I guess Dish is just out for the count for now, and we'll have to wait.

Well, after about 37 minutes on hold, I got an extremely pleasant CSR that informed me they had a transponder go down and that they were working on it with no definitive timeframe.

I wonder if it's just affecting(005 attention screen) those of us that had a scheduled system upload/update. I'm talking about the update where your ird calls into dish and uploads current status. Mine was scheduled for this a.m., which according to the screen said it did.

The bigger issue that concerned me was, that when I logged into my online account, my balance showed $160(and change), but no way should I of had a balance, especially $160!!
But as I was on hold, it logged me out, then when I went back to the page and logged in again, it was back to normal... whew!

So should just be a matter of time, ...assuming they didn't lose a whole satellite! :-O

This is definitely interesting. I don't think it can be a transponder because of the fact my 625 is down but my 722 is playing the all channels, just fine. If it was a transponder everything would be down for everyone. My 625 was dark before it was time to call home, as it called home a couple hours later. I stopped my 722 from calling home just in case. As for the billing problem I checked my and my balance was $0.00 since i paid my bill four days ago.

Good idea about the chan. 101, Age. That's independent thinking. Watch out for Big Brother! Don't think it's Tivo issue. Seems to be a signal problem. Probably at the sat. or earth uplink stations. Nothing I can do for that. That'll be fifty bucks. (HaHa)!

Love the "call home" phrase, Ohioan.It's true. Now I think maybe it's in the authorization coding. Could be a glitch or hackers. We tech.s in the field love it when it's someone else's problem. However, good luck getting a hit sent today!

Your smart card does not currenly have austhorrization to view or order this program.

I woke up to this message on my TV screen. When I call Dish, the line disconnects after a few seconds.

How can I fix this ASAP? Thanks.

I'm on the west coast and am having the same problem with my ViP622. I can only see history channel. Same problem with the generic Dish Network number..but I was able to get to the voice response system at the support line at: 1-888-686-2388

Thanks for the tip. First they say that I am a highly valued Dish Customer and that the service is out in my area. What is "my area"? The entire continental United States?

The CSR representative I spoke with just a few moments ago confirmed that it was a nation wide outage with no expected time for resolution.

I get Sat. 110/119/129 and have two VIP boxes and have no problems. Birmingham here.

My guess is that those units that "called home" to refresh their program information were somehow made unauthorized for further viewing.

If it didn't call in , it didn't get the bad authorization number?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts