Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well episode number one is now available! Please take a listen and leave us your feedback.

I just heard it and is sounded like Bob and I were in the same room, when in reality he was in Chicago and I was in Hartford. Isn't technology amazing? :D

Please give us your feedback thoughts and ideas on we can made SatelliteGuys Podcast even better!

I'd love to listen, but I'm getting the following:

tsc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Perhaps not everything from the initial posts were unlocked? :)

Well episode number one is now available! Please take a listen and leave us your feedback.

I just heard it and is sounded like Bob and I were in the same room, when in reality he was in Chicago and I was in Hartford. Isn't technology amazing? :D

Please give us your feedback thoughts and ideas on we can made SatelliteGuys Podcast even better!

You've got to be kidding!!! 13.5 MB mp3!! and thats low quality for us dialup users? Can you please use another format other than mp3 for us dialup users. Real Audio format would be preferred for its much smaller file size.

Please I beg of you reduced the file size for us dialup users. Go with real audio format.

Bob N1WBD

Bob I have a solution for you... It will be up very soon! :)

Should I dare ask?:D:D

Why I suggest real audio is that I use to run a hour radio show and I encoded in real audio and I could keep it less than 5mb in size for 1hour of audio.

Bob, Ask and you shall recive.. I just added a link for real audio format of the podcast. Also, Let me know what settings you use for Real encoder as I used the settings for a 56k modem that real producer gave me and the file still is over 7megs. Allthough it should stream at you at 33k a sec. Let me know how that works out for you :)

There's no way to subscribe to this podcast.

Either add an xml feed here, or do what you can to get listed in the itunes music store please. Having to manually download each show is a pain.

Good first episode!

As a fellow podcaster and doing it for a while I can understand all the trials, frustrations, technology involved, etc.

In giving some feedback, here are some of my observations....(and please don't flame me...) :)

1. Theme Music - It feels like an 80's video game :) Don't know if its good or bad.

2. Consider doing your shows on TalkShoe.com - Talkshoe is a cool site that allows podcast creators, makers, to do podcasts AND have the abilty to take calls and it has a cool chat room for people to use while the show is going. See my talkshoe page here: TalkShoe - Talkcast - Control F12 Live - Talkshoe Feed

3. Having a dedicated site/URL for the podcast will help drive traffic and listeners. Maybe www.satelliteguyspodcast.com ? :) Then have it linked here for discussion.

4. Have the actual audio files linked to podtrac.com, a podcast measuring service so you know how many people are listening.

5. Needs to be on iTunes... :) Need I say more? :)

I would love to help or answer questions along the way :) Please let me know!

My podcasts:
Control F12 - Control F12
Late Night Tech - latenight tech
GeoPodCache - geopodcaching.com /or/ http://wwwgeopodcache.com

Talk to you all soon! :)

Chase Nunes
Marysville, WA :)

So here's what I thought.

Good job Goaliebob99 and Scott.

I enjoyed hearing you two.

I am from the FTA section here and would have liked to hear more about FTA information, maybe you can have Iceberg (Maybe explaining an interesting thread from the FTA section?) as a guest next time.

How often do you plan on having this show? Weekly?, Monthly?

Good job again,

Thanks for your time.

OK, I obviously am the dumbest member of the "readership" but I can't figure out how to listen to the podcast. There is no link or instructions when I click on the link provided on page one. Should it bring up a player? Real Player?????

One more idea, how about something like the Charlie chat, where viewers ask questions, this might have to be FTA only since we don't have information about everything.

Examples might be:

"What is FTA?" (Scott wrote a nice article about this today)
"What does a satellite dish do?"
"What is DCII, DVB, 8PSK, QPSK, LNB .........?"

Simple explanation on how switches work.

So many possibilities.

These are just some thoughts. :D

Bob, Ask and you shall recive.. I just added a link for real audio format of the podcast. Also, Let me know what settings you use for Real encoder as I used the settings for a 56k modem that real producer gave me and the file still is over 7megs. Allthough it should stream at you at 33k a sec. Let me know how that works out for you :)

Thanks Bob for the Real audio file, btw you can even use the settings for a 33k modem makes the file even smaller. I know the quality won't as good but at least we don't take all day to download the show. Also I wonder if you or Scott can make it a streaming file? Or will it bog down the server too much?

Thanks
Bob
N1WBD

GoalieBob Thanks for the real audio link!!! I'm listening to it as I'm typing and the quality is not bad at all. Thanks to you for providing a "podcast" for us dialup users in Real Audio format.

I have a question for you when you tape the show do you start out taping the show in wav format then encode the final product into mp3 and ra format? When I did my amateur radio news show locally here I would download the raw feed in wav format then using CoolEdit I insert my id's, local news stories etc. then encode into real audio using real encoder it kept the final product file size nice and managable.

Bob N1WBD

One more idea, how about something like the Charlie chat, where viewers ask questions, this might have to be FTA only since we don't have information about everything.

Examples might be:

"What is FTA?" (Scott wrote a nice article about this today)
"What does a satellite dish do?"
"What is DCII, DVB, 8PSK, QPSK, LNB .........?"

Simple explanation on how switches work.

So many possibilities.

These are just some thoughts. :D

Qwert That is a good idea.. Start off by calling the podcasting hotline and submitt a question! :) If we get enough questions I will do a show like this :)

GoalieBob Thanks for the real audio link!!! I'm listening to it as I'm typing and the quality is not bad at all. Thanks to you for providing a "podcast" for us dialup users in Real Audio format.

I have a question for you when you tape the show do you start out taping the show in Wave format then encode the final product into mp3 and ra format? When I did my amateur radio news show locally here I would download the raw feed in Wave format then using CoolEdit I insert my id's, local news stories etc. then encode into real audio using real encoder it kept the final product file size nice and managable.

Bob N1WBD

Bob the way that the audio catcher gets the conversations from skype it natively puts it into an mp3 file format. MP3 has become such a standard today that most people do use it as a raw format. I can encode straight into real audio from mp3 with real producer. I'm going to play with the settings for you for next months pod cast to help make it more manageable for our dial up users. While, most of our users are on high speed, we cant forget about those who don't have that luxury. Right now all that I hope is that The gauntlet that we have thrown down to the satelliteguys members, that they will answer in vigor. I'm hoping that we get lots of participation from our members on the pod casting hotline as I want the members to drive the show. My feelings on this is if we can get enormous amounts of participation, it will be innovative enough that users will want to listen, and join in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts