Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Since the SatelliteGuys app is no longer supported by Tapatalk and was removed from the App stores, I need to figure out a way to have something for the mobile users.

We get a lot of traffic from Google and I am told we would get more and be higher ranked if our mobile site was rendered in "AMP" (Accelerated Mobile Pages). well there is a new Plugin for Xenforo which adds this feature and appears to work well. This plugin costs about $100 (when converted from the British Pound) and then has a $40 a year renewal fee.

Now while you can continue to use Tapatalk to access SatelliteGuys, another company has not released their own Community App, but what it costs I don't know.

Should we look at either of these things?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I get along pretty good in my cell phone just using the Chrome browser with email notification of threads I follow, new post, etc. I have icons for both in my cell phone home desktop so to speak to get to things quickly. But I am game to anything.

Reactions: Jimbo
I agree the site should be rendered in AMP for phones and such, if we can swing it.

Reactions: dfergie
There are some intriguing limitations to AMP (especially the single CSS) so it may be useful to see a preview what the result looks like.

Are there some well-known of sites that use AMP (Google pages may or may not be a good example)?

Now while you can continue to use Tapatalk to access SatelliteGuys

I've been trying to use the app and it just re-directs me to Google Play, first to install Tapatalk and now to open it but forums never open. The error message reads: "Invalid License - This forum is currently not available on this app. Please contact the forum administrator."

The app is no longer supported. We expected it to die a long time ago and now it finally has.

Whats funny is on iOS it gives an error message yet still works.

Reactions: RandallA
Oddly, the newer Reader version is “demo mode” but the older one works fine. Guess where I’m posting this from?

Reactions: TheKrell
I wish they would still support it, but they are not they want people to use their Tapatalk app as then they collect all the ad revenue.

Oh well I am glad it lasted a year longer then we expected. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)