YouTube Comes to (More) Rokus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Finally making good on a promise they made back when they were pretty much the only game in town besides AppleTV. Roku has finally made YouTube available to more boxes besides the Roku 3.

http://blog.roku.com/blog/2014/04/2...-available-to-all-current-generation-devices/

What do they mean by "Current Generation" devices?
*Current generation players are those introduced after July 2011 and include the Roku LT, Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2XS, Roku 3, the Roku Streaming Stick (both HDMI and Roku Ready versions) and the Roku HD model #2500.
So looking at the list of devices listed on Wikipedia, if you Roku model number is 2400 or higher- You are good to go.

Hell has frozen over....

I think it was on the new streaming stick as well. I remember looking for and finding it in the channel store a couple of weeks ago.
Do they have an app to type in the content from your phone or tablet onto the tv to make it easier?
Using the YouTube app on your phone/tablet, you can cast the video to Roku.

TKS. I'll have to check when I get back home. 2XS, IIRC.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I finally got around to firing up and updating my Roku 2 XS. As I feared, the YouTube app is slow. The interface really lags and I had one glitch while playing back video where it froze and the skipped ahead to match up with the audio again. Nothing at all like what it is on the Roku 3. Or any of the other devices that this YouTube app is on. (Xbox One, PS3, Wii U)

This is another app that I'm unable to "install" from the website's channel store. Actually, it doesn't show it as available. I'm logged in and it knows what Roku I have. When I searched for "youtube" yesterday or the day before, I actually get 'no results found' but I can find it and add it from the Roku itself. This happened with other channels in the past too.

Slow?

It'd have to SPEED UP to make it to slow.

Barely usable on my 2XS.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts