AZBOX YOUTube "Connectinig......"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NewsTips

EM84tx
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 19, 2012
Taylors,SC
Loaded 9.5402 over the weekend. It works fine on FTA.

However:

1) When I try FTP over LAN (WiFi) it wont connect (az box is at ftp://192.168.1.100) I need to try from my other Wired PC which was working before the upgrade.

2) When I do YOUTube I can see the various choices for streams displayed as a static picture and a description. I can surf these teasers all day....BUT when I try to play ANY of them it says:

CONNECTING, PLEASE WAIT.....(or something similar)...............and I cant seem to wait long enough to see the video..it never plays.

What am I doing wrong?

If you do not see the Network icon in the upper left corner of the front FFD display, you are not connected to the Internet.

Go to MENU, SETUP, INTERNET make sure your IP is set here. press START CHECK and see if you get a response that looks like 1060.672K bps

If no connection, it will tell you.

I am guessing but I think you should be set:

Network: wired
IP Setting: Static IP
IP adress: 192.168.1.100
Subnet: 255.255 255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS1: 75.75.75.75
DNS2: 75.75.76.76

===
Bill

PS... I think a better answer is to use a computer for YouTube and web browsing and use the AzBox for a satellite receiver myself.

Loaded 9.5402 over the weekend. It works fine on FTA.

However:

1) When I try FTP over LAN (WiFi) it wont connect (az box is at ftp://192.168.1.100) I need to try from my other Wired PC which was working before the upgrade.

2) When I do YOUTube I can see the various choices for streams displayed as a static picture and a description. I can surf these teasers all day....BUT when I try to play ANY of them it says:

CONNECTING, PLEASE WAIT.....(or something similar)...............and I cant seem to wait long enough to see the video..it never plays.

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure FTP is enabled in the Network services menu as for security purposes, all servers are disabled by default when updating to our 0.9.54xx series firmwares. As far as Youtube is concerned, there is an issue with the Youtube application due to changes that Google recently did on their Youtube website so this is why the videos are not playing. We will be soon releasing a new firmware version in order to resolve this and provide other enhancements.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)