YouTube on Genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike Betts

Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just had the Genie + 1 client installed about a month ago. Overall, I'm pleased. However, YouTube will not work. Pandora and all the other apps work fine. But it acts like it can't connect to the Internet when I try to use YouTube.

I'm a new Genie and clients user too!

Do you have the "web videos" disabled in the settings? I noticed that our HR34 had "web videos" disabled by default.

I checked that and enabled web videos. However, it still tells me that there's an issue with the connection. Everything else works fine. I'm guessing that it doesn't like my router for some reason.

Try resetting the Genie twice, back to back.. we've seen these types of issues before, usually with on-demand, but its happened with other internet services also..
To be clear (and please don't be insulted), do a red button reset, wait for it to finish, then when regular TV comes back on, hit the red button again.. the second reset will "Clean" deeper into the worky bits (memory and software) in the receiver.
Usually, this will fix this type of issue..

I have the exact same issue. Everything but Youtube works great but I get a connection error when I try to use Youtube. I have a Genie and 3 C31s, it's the same on all of them. I tried resetting the Genie and clients, as well as bring the entire network down and back up multiple times to no avail.

BTW, I suspect it's something about my router that it doesn't like, but I'm not certain. My router is an older Netgear WGR614 version 8. It does support UPnP and I have that enabled. I also tried manually forwarding the ports to the H34 in the router and H34's settings but that didn't help either. I have a version 10 WGR614 that I may try when I get a chance.

I tried the WGR614 v10, same deal, no Youtube.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)