YouTube problem

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
About 2 months ago, YouTube will start playing a video fine. Then, after few minutes in, it starts forwarding up, fast speed and voice can’t catch up. I have reset the Hopper many times, no change. Anyone else experienced this, solutions? Thank in advance!

Hello, ashecnc. We would definitely want to look into making sure the Hopper is not having any issues with its connection to the Internet. Are you seeing any issues with other apps, like Netflix or Pandora? We can also test the download speed by going to the Diagnostics screen. To do so

1. Press the Home button three times or the Menu button two times on your remote
2. Select "Status"
3. Select "Send Status"
4. Select "Test Connections". Once it completes, it will list the download speed.

The minimum recommended speed for viewing Youtube without buffering is 3 Mbps for SD, 5 Mbps for HD, and 35 Mbps for 4k/Ultra HD videos

If the download speed does match these numbers, we may need to get this reported to our Tech Ops team. Please chat with us online at https://my.dish.com/support/contact to get that reported. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

I had the same problem for quite a while. Although it looks like it tries to catch up, the sync just never gets there. Also had frequent audio drop outs. There was no guaranty that I would have audio when a vid would start playing or for how long there would be audio. And when the audio dropped it was dead throughout the all videos in the app. Returning to the D¡SH UI there was no audio either without rebooting or power cycling the H3. Now I am having audio passthrough issues with my AVR. When I turn the AVR off and want the H3 to passthrough to my TV via ARC, 100% of the time I have to go to the Dolby Audio settings, turn it off, then back on and I get audio.

Strangely enough for the most part the YouTube behavior has stopped and now Netflix crashes upon startup. Prime seems to be OK . . . for now. I now mostly use an AppleTV 4K and the family uses a Firestick 4K and we have no issues with either and those apps. Or we use the onboard TV apps, also with no issues.

My Internet service is Gigabit Fiber ~940/940Mbps read halfway through the LAN using the SpeedTest.net onboard application. The H3 is hardwired to the LAN and gets, as of a check just now, 346.431Mbps. Current FW on both H3s is H310. These issues were happening long before this.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts