YouTube TV coming (maybe) this week

That will keep me from trying it at launch as well. Sold my first gen chromecast some time ago, and have no interest in getting another at this point.

Reactions: SatinKzo
https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-tv-unplugged-live-networks-channels-cable/

The service, called YouTube TV and priced at $35 a month, will offer all the broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC), sports channels like ESPN, cable networks like FX and USA, 24-hour news like Fox News, kids programming like Sprout and local TV networks, among other channels.

It will have an unlimited cloud DVR to record shows and watch them later, and the service will roll out progressively in the US, starting with large metropolitan areas. A single subscription unlocks six accounts for a household.

Also going to be major metro areas only at launch, which obviously rules me out for now.

TC6LlZeU_nQ0oN2a2dznqa0_u9k4JXYG4TSKdV3I2WunsD31DMfQvbZTTB5vwCmI7fGrdws2048.png

Not a bad lineup, and hits most of the few I watch, AMC for TWD is the notable exception. Looks like college sports is well covered though.
CW is a nice surprise, although I expect the locals to be like other services and not offered everywhere.

Crap! Finally an OTT service that will give me CBS Sports Network, but no AMC. That's an absolute dealbreaker for me (TWD, Turn, Preacher, BCS, Humans, etc.). I would also miss a few things on Sundance and BBC America that I could live without if I at least got AMC.

Not getting my RSN (Fox) would be another dealbreaker. Any word on RSNs?

EDIT: Interesting that there are no Viacom channels either. So PS Vue still comes out ahead pending RSNs and how well DVR functions work and of course PQ/AQ.

Not a bad lineup, and hits most of the few I watch, AMC for TWD is the notable exception. Looks like college sports is well covered though.
CW is a nice surprise, although I expect the locals to be like other services and not offered everywhere.

Vue not having the CW has not been that big of a deal since there is a CW app on the Roku that has the shows on it the next day, do not even need a sign in.

Noticed You Tube does not have CNN which I have been watching more and more since it is the most moderate of the news channel, so I will stick with Core Slim right now which does have everything we need.

Still curious about Hulu's new service

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

My Sony TV has chromecast app, seems to work pretty well. I cast from browser to TV all the time. I'll need to try it out.

I read this as my Vue is down. Coincidence??

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Haha perhaps.

Odd though. I honestly can not think of a time since I've had Vue that I've lost it outside of a VERY rare Internet outage.

I'd say going on maybe a year now I've had less than a quarter the outage that I'd get in two years of sat with rain fade.

Funny though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: tigerfan33
Never went out on me but extremely slow to load the channels I was trying to watch, glad my wife went to bed early, I could just imagine the 'I told you so' about dropping Comcast.

Vue didn't go out on me either last night, but when I first launched it on my PS4 a little after 7 pm PST, I got a message about certain features not being available and I was just given a complete list of channels to select from.

Vue didn't go out on me either last night, but when I first launched it on my PS4 a little after 7 pm PST, I got a message about certain features not being available and I was just given a complete list of channels to select from.
Never went out on me but extremely slow to load the channels I was trying to watch, glad my wife went to bed early, I could just imagine the 'I told you so' about dropping Comcast.

Amazon server related?

Reactions: DWS44
Not a bad lineup, and hits most of the few I watch, AMC for TWD is the notable exception.

Just noticed that along with no CNN, also missing TBS and TNT (which is a must have channel during the summer because of The Last Ship), HGTV, The Cooking Channel.

The biggest channel missing is Food Network which my wife would. kill me if we did not get it.