Zero Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Melbfla, thanks for this lead; I could set long & lat and motor works as it should.
BUT I can find Echostar 7 at 119 W only, no other satellite gives a Q value regardless what I try. Also, after I scan & save channels form Echostar 7 I get "channel change error" and can't switch to any channel including DTV. I perform a factory reset on receiver and start all over but outcome is always the same. I contacted the supplier (I bought it new from authorized dealer) since I believe this unit is defective.:(
Any other suggestion?

what software / file do you have loaded on the receiver? you should only be getting that error if your using third party "hacker" software....which you should not be using....

original software

Version Information is as follows:
Product SV-HD8000
Boot Loader 02.07
Main software 04.92
Front software vB-07
The unit is as I received it. For now, I even wouldn't know how to install other software.

Version Information is as follows:
Product SV-HD8000
Boot Loader 02.07
Main software 04.92
Front software vB-07
The unit is as I received it. For now, I even wouldn't know how to install other software.

that is hacker software....did you buy this receiver used?

go to sonicviewusa.com and download the latest factory software....unzip the file and copy it to a USB stick/drive....plug the USB stick into the receivers USB port and upload the file....

I bought this device at GoSatellite.com as a NEW unit. I am communicating with them right now. So far they said: "All of our Sonicviews (and all other receivers) are factory sealed by the manufacture".

Sorry, that is the problem, too bad you didn't find the site here earlier, we could've suggested favorite brands and dealers we are familiar with (like our sponsors!). Obviously your factory-sealed receiver had been unsealed at some point and its firmware replaced. Hopefully you can restore it to factory state, it's not hard to do.

Post #23 told you how to get the factory firmware file and load it, I'd do that before I gave up on a new receiver. Sponsors here are listed at the top of the page, like SatelliteAV, Galaxy Marketing,etc. Read the Review section here for information of user's experiences with some of the later brands/models of fta receivers. Some of the earlier High-Def models didn't have blindscan feature, I think most of the current ones do. I haven't gotten an HD box myself, yet, so I can't comment from experience.

Edit:: check your Private Messages box, I sent you one.

Last edited:
GoSatellite.com

Thank you for your reply. I realize that you told me earlier how to install the factory software but I am so furious about the jerks at GoSatellite.com that they sent me apparently a used box.:rant: I spent several days trying to solve reception problems, thus I disputed the charge and I am waiting for them to issue a pickup ticket. They offered a RMA but I would be responsible for shipping it back (about $25). Besides, I am now very concerned what they would ship me next.:mad:
I’ll take my business somewhere else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)