Zinwell 4x4 multi-switch for FTA question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kooguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Ajax Ontario
Now that I have two FTA dishes up and tested working properly with a receiver via 4x1 Diseqc. I'm looking to get a multi-switch for three receivers (Viewsat and 2 Visionsat).

Does Zinwell 4x4 multi-switch works with FTA receivers? I found a local dealer that sell them but didn't say it is for FTA..

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]The  4x4 multi switch model SAM-4402-3A is a high quality for worldwide  market. It is DirecTV approved 4x4 multi switch and is used for 2  satellites
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

any 4x4 multiswitch will work. I've got 3 or 4 different brands of switches here and they all work fine

I have the dual output Focus LNB on each dish where one is pointing to 95W and the other pointing to 97W.

I got the Zinwell 4x4 switch and tested with two receivers (Viewsat and Visionsat). The third Visionsat is a slave, will need to rewire to the switch later.

However, I noticed the signal quality dropped by 10% across all TPs on each satellites even with one receiver connected. Some TPs in 97W experienced no signals at all. I didn't noticed the signal quality issue when using a 4x1 Diseqc with one receiver.

Is this typical issue on signal reduction on using mutlti-switch?

Last edited:
Never mind about my earlier post.

The Zinwell 4x4 switch is working perfectly. Just my mistake on LNB configuration....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts