2011 AL Central Thread

Twins win on a walk off hit and avoid the ignominy of a 100 loss season. They have a lot of work to do to regain relevance next year, and I know it will be tough, but I believe they can do it (I know, I'm hopeless). This team may look VERY different next year.

It was nice to hear John Gorden's radio call on TV in the ninth (he's retiring after 25 years with the Twins and over forty in MLB).

All I can say now is -------

Go Tigers!

I agree guys, as the regular season ends its been fun discussing the AL Central, now for my last post in this thread! GO TIGERS!

riffjim4069 said:
Y'all will have to refresh my memory about the Weaver-Verlander incident...

When the angels and tigers last played. Mags hit a home run and while he was checking to see if it went fair, weaver thought he was showing him up and kept barking the whole game at the tigers. Later guien hit a homer and did show him up. Weaver then aimed the ball at the next batters head alliva.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

riffjim4069 said:
I still cannot believe Leyland place Penny on the Playoff Roster. Huge mistake!

Whats Penny's post season history?

Looked up his stats and they are not very good. 3-2 with a 6+ ERA. Manager's hunch?

Last edited:
Whats Penny's post season history?

Looked up his stats and they are not very good. 3-2 with a 6+ ERA. Manager's hunch?

It doesn't matter...Penny has under-performed all season and his one-year contract won't be renewed by the Tigers. Moreover, I flew into town and attended two games this year and Brad Penny started both games...and we lost both games! I don't list nor trust Melon Head.

Let's go Max! Tigers are going to win ths one! Hmmm. I'm actually facing a situation since my family has a ticket for me to Game 4. If we don't win today I will have to cancel my plans because I'm not going to miss work if they don't play. Go Tigers!

Valverde told the press after game 2 that the Yankees are a good team but the series isn't going back to New York. This came after he didn't pitch very well. Is it overconfidence or do you like the attitude? I personally like the fact that our team thinks they are the best team out there. I think you need a little cockiness to do well in the postseason.

Valverde told the press after game 2 that the Yankees are a good team but the series isn't going back to New York. This came after he didn't pitch very well. Is it overconfidence or do you like the attitude? I personally like the fact that our team thinks they are the best team out there. I think you need a little cockiness to do well in the postseason.

Well, for the way I heard it, they (NY Media) made a big deal of it ... he was asked and was joking about it as in laughing with his comment, but of course it was taken wrong and now he's the guy under the gun ... :rolleyes:

I'm ok with however the NY media or Yankees players want to take it. I think he was right about it not going back to Detroit and I'm fine with pissing off the Yankees fans in the process. I don't believe it has any effect on the players though. It's the postseason. Comments from another teams player can't possibly motivate them to try harder than they already are.

Who would have thought the Tigers would be getting ALDS production out of Inge, Rayburn and Kelly? We just need to get Jackson, Avila and Betemit with the program tonight and we'll be fine. Go Tigers! :)

Jackson, while not hitting, is getting walks ... one last night to start the game and one tonight as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)