2011 AL Central Thread

Up early, 3-0, over the Indians. :)

I really hope Mags has a great postseason because I think this may be his final year with the Tigers unless he is willing to take a major pay-cut and assume a bench role. As much I appreciate his contribution the past few years, let's face facts...he'll be 38-years old, has several nagging injuries, we have some fleet-footed young outfielders, and nobody is going to pay him anywhere close to 10 million next year. I would be happy if the Tigers could sign him to a 2-year 2.5 million contract in the offseason so he could finish his career with the Tigers.

Also, Cabrera really needs to drop 20 pounds in the offseason. At age 28 he is not going to be play healthy for another 8-10 years if he doesn't get in better shape.

Up early, 3-0, over the Indians. :)

I really hope Mags has a great postseason because I think this may be his final year with the Tigers unless he is willing to take a major pay-cut and assume a bench role. As much I appreciate his contribution the past few years, let's face facts...he'll be 38-years old, has several nagging injuries, we have some fleet-footed young outfielders, and nobody is going to pay him anywhere close to 10 million next year. I would be happy if the Tigers could sign him to a 2-year 2.5 million contract in the offseason so he could finish his career with the Tigers.

Also, Cabrera really needs to drop 20 pounds in the offseason. At age 28 he is not going to be play healthy for another 8-10 years if he doesn't get in better shape.

Well Put !

With Boesch around, I doubt there is much playing time for Maggs in the next year or two, also with Andy Dirks and the speed he possesses ....
I too would like to see Maggs come back, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go elsewhere IF theres an offer.

Well Put !

With Boesch around, I doubt there is much playing time for Maggs in the next year or two, also with Andy Dirks and the speed he possesses ....
I too would like to see Maggs come back, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go elsewhere IF theres an offer.

As long as Mags has invested his money well then it comes down to a quality of life issue. He has spent the past 7-years in Detroit and I don't see him having too many options as previously noted. Hopefully he'll finish his career in Detroit and will offered a second career somewhere in the organization.

Seeing the Angels are eliminated, not sure what we'll get from them the rest of the way out ....
Not much apparently, losing again to the Rangers 8-2 in the 5th.

Seeing the Angels are eliminated, not sure what we'll get from them the rest of the way out ....
Not much apparently, losing again to the Rangers 8-2 in the 5th.

Yep, once the Angels got eliminated they pulled their stud pitchers from the rotation. Santana was scheduled to pitch yesterday and didn't and Weaver was scheduled to pitch today and they said he wont play either. The Angels sure aren't doing the Tigers any favors.

Haha I wonder if it had anything to do with all the stuff that went on during the Verlander vs. Weaver game. I think it probably has more to do with them trying to give their young guys a shot now that its over than a feud with the Tigers but it's no secret that these teams don't like each other.

I thought it was pretty strange because Weaver could keep Verlander from the pitching triple crown if he pitched today. They said during the Tigers game yesterday that he only needs 1 scoreless inning pitched to pass him in ERA.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the issues that arrose with Weaver and the Tigers from there last visit.

That was the game where Weaver got mad at Ordonez for watching to see if a home run would be foul or fair. Magglio's next trip to the plate Weaver got him out and followed him almost all the way back to the Tigers dugout yelling at him and talking trash. Guillen came up shortly after that and smashed a no doubter home run and posed at the plate for a while to show Weaver up and stick up for his teammate. Avila was the very next batter and Weaver intentionally threw at his head. The benches cleared and the bullpen guys came running out but there was no actual fight.

Verlander was also pitching a no hitter that day that the Aybar tried to break up with a bunt in the 8th inning that really pissed Verlander off. Verlander made an error on the play but gave Aybar the death stare for a while. After the game he called it bush league. There was a lot of back and forth in the press about it.

So like I said earlier it's no secret that the Tigers and Angels don't like each other. It could be part of the reason they pulled their best 2 pitchers out of the lineup against Texas when the Tigers need Texas to lose.

All of the Sox haters in the division, don't worry, you still have a reason to hate the Sox even though Ozzie is gone. Hawk Harrelson just signed a 4 year contract extension and will be teamed with Steve Stone, who is also coming back. Although even some Sox fans don't like Hawk, I like him. Alot. I love that he roots for the team he works for. As he just said, "this season is ova."

That was the game where Weaver got mad at Ordonez for watching to see if a home run would be foul or fair. Magglio's next trip to the plate Weaver got him out and followed him almost all the way back to the Tigers dugout yelling at him and talking trash. Guillen came up shortly after that and smashed a no doubter home run and posed at the plate for a while to show Weaver up and stick up for his teammate. Avila was the very next batter and Weaver intentionally threw at his head. The benches cleared and the bullpen guys came running out but there was no actual fight.

Verlander was also pitching a no hitter that day that the Aybar tried to break up with a bunt in the 8th inning that really pissed Verlander off. Verlander made an error on the play but gave Aybar the death stare for a while. After the game he called it bush league. There was a lot of back and forth in the press about it.

So like I said earlier it's no secret that the Tigers and Angels don't like each other. It could be part of the reason they pulled their best 2 pitchers out of the lineup against Texas when the Tigers need Texas to lose.

Heres hoping that the Tiger pitchers learn how to FIELD in the playoffs this year, unlike '06.
If I were the opponent going against Verlander, I definitely would bunt if I'm a speed guy, every time peope have bunted against him, he's thrown it way, in important situations anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts