2011 AL Central Thread

riffjim4069 said:
I was surprised to see Fister come in to relieve Scherzer in the 6th inning last night. I can only assume that Leyland is looking for a quality start while still resting his starters. Of course, I don't know who Leyland will use to fill Fisters spot in the rotation.

Jacob Turner will start Thursday's game, was that Fister's spot ?
If so, he put him in just to get some work in, it looks like.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I was surprised to see Fister come in to relieve Scherzer in the 6th inning last night. I can only assume that Leyland is looking for a quality start while still resting his starters. Of course, I don't know who Leyland will use to fill Fisters spot in the rotation.

What he is doing is trying to rearrange the rotation and get it set up how he wants it for the postseason. I heard him talking about it in an interview on the radio. He wants Scherzer to be the number 2 starter if we have home field advantage because he feels he is more dependent on the park he pitches in. If we are playing in New York he wants Fister to be the number 2 starter.

Twins WIN! Twins WIN! Thank goodness that's over. It would be nice if they can avoid the three digit loss figure. What an abomination of a season.

Denny McLain arrested on fraud warrant

Nice to see our whacky organ-playing former Cy Young and MVP winner back in the news... :rolleyes:

Source

Former Detroit Tigers pitcher Denny McLain has been arrested at the Michigan border with Canada on a fugitive fraud warrant issued in Louisiana.

Customs agents learned of the warrant Thursday when McLain became disoriented during construction and inadvertently drove onto the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron, U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Jeffery Wilson said Friday. He turned around before entering Canada...

...McLain won the 1968 American League Most Valuable Player and Cy Young awards after winning 31 games and leading Detroit to the World Series.

At the time of his arrest Thursday, about 60 miles northeast of Detroit, McLain was driving someone else's sport utility vehicle, Wilson said. He was awaiting extradition in the St. Clair County Jail and was expected to appear Friday afternoon before a judge in Port Huron.

is the season over yet?
Its getting really painful to watch the Twins....but honestly I hope they lose the rest of the games...then they will tie their worst record (60-102) and that was back in 82 when the Twins had called up most of their rookies....most of them ended up winning the series in 87 ;)

Iceberg said:
is the season over yet?
Its getting really painful to watch the Twins....but honestly I hope they lose the rest of the games...then they will tie their worst record (60-102) and that was back in 82 when the Twins had called up most of their rookies....most of them ended up winning the series in 87 ;)

Watching them blow that lead last night was painful. I'm glad you're still sticking around. I'd hate to be the only one.

Yeah, his batting hasn't been anything like his fielding this year. Shame! We lost a tough game this evening...we're 1-game behind Texas...and we have our pitching ass, Brad Penny, taking the mound tomorrow afternoon.

The series finale on Sunday matches Detroit's Brad Penny (10-11) against Baltimore's Brian Matusz (1-8). Matusz enters the game with a 10.68 ERA, the worst in history by any starter with 10 or more starts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)