2011 AL Central Thread

I don't get Scherzer...sometimes he'll pitch was well as Verlander and sometimes he'll pitch like Brad Penny's twin. When he's "on" he is really good. Why can't we get more consistency from Max? All I can conclude is the problem is 90% mental and feel that Leyland should plant his arse down with a sports psychologist instead of tinkering with his pitching mechanics.

I don't get Scherzer...sometimes he'll pitch was well as Verlander and sometimes he'll pitch like Brad Penny's twin. When he's "on" he is really good. Why can't we get more consistency from Max? All I can conclude is the problem is 90% mental and feel that Leyland should plant his arse down with a sports psychologist instead of tinkering with his pitching mechanics.

He has been good lately until last night. If he had to throw a bad game I'm glad it happened now instead of in a couple weeks in the ALDS.

Congratulations to the Tigers! Represent the division well in the playoffs.

A nod to the Indians gotta big improvement this year.

Congrats to the Tigers and their great fans here! :)

In all my years as a baseball fan, I don't ever recall a magic number disappear as quickly as the Tigers did the last two weeks!

Last edited:
Nice to see the skipper get a bit choked up last night I think he really does mean it when he hopes the hard working fans of the town can enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

In all my years as a baseball fan, I don't ever recall a magic number disappear as quickly as the Tigers did the last two weeks!

Thanks we'll see you in the ALDS. I loved every minute of that celebration last night.

When we started discussing the MN's, it was with about 21 games left, I said the Tigers would go 14-7, so far they are 9-2, but not sure if they will make my prediction seeing they have wrapped up the division already, however, if they keep playing hard they could move up further, but it would hvae to be just about perfect and they for some reason dropped 2 to Oakland so far.

How many starts does JV have left ?
Probably 2 ?

I would have liked to see him get to 27 wins, but that doesn't look possible now.
That would have matched the most wins, since Denny McClain I believe.

How many starts does JV have left ?
Probably 2 ?

I would have liked to see him get to 27 wins, but that doesn't look possible now.
That would have matched the most wins, since Denny McClain I believe.

Just one according to the rotation schedule...unless they put him on a 4-day rotation and have him pitch the final game against the Indians. I don't see that happening.

Detroit Tigers 2011 Schedule - Tigers Home and Away - ESPN

Denny Mclain finished with a record of 31-6 and an ERA of 1.96, which is comparable to Verlander's 2.29 when you adjust for the Designated Hitter.

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)