2011 AL Central Thread

Just one according to the rotation schedule...unless they put him on a 4-day rotation and have him pitch the final game against the Indians. I don't see that happening.

Detroit Tigers 2011 Schedule - Tigers Home and Away - ESPN

Denny Mclain finished with a record of 31-6 and an ERA of 1.96, which is comparable to Verlander's 2.29 when you adjust for the Designated Hitter.

It's also probably comparable if you moved them back to a 4 man rotation.

I wonder what the most wins in a 5 man rotation is ?

I'd rather play Boston than the Rays at this point. I know we have done very well against the Rays this year and we have been poor against the Red Sox but Tampa is playing better baseball than Boston right now. Tampa has better pitching and things are clicking for them similar to the way they have been clicking for the Tigers lately.

I will take the Tigers over whoever we play. Its not that I'm afraid we will lose if we play Tampa. Boston is also very capable of knocking us out. If I had to choose between playing the Yankees, Red Sox, or Rays in the first round I think I would have to pick Boston. We're just better off not playing the Yankees or Rays in the first round.

I truly think we have a great chance of winning the world series this year. I think we can play with any of those teams. I still would prefer Boston in the first round. It would be nice if Texas could knock of the Yankees so we can play them in the 2nd round too.

Last edited:
I've seen a more disinterested player than this clown. I don't think he will be on it. I sure hope they don't lose momentum as it appears they might be.

I've seen a more disinterested player than this clown. I don't think he will be on it. I sure hope they don't lose momentum as it appears they might be.

That's funny...I was going to refer to him as a clown but I felt that would be disrespectful of all the hard-working clowns out there to include my favorites Bozo and Oopsy. That's why I call him Melon Head.

That's funny...I was going to refer to him as a clown but I felt that would be disrespectful of all the hard-working clowns out there to include my favorites Bozo and Oopsy. That's why I call him Melon Head.

He can handle the name calling. He is robbing the tigers of Somme serious cash.

Which Tigers will survive the playoff roster bubble?

Source

Who's in? And who's out?

Those are the tough questions the Tigers brass, no doubt, already has been asking themselves with the postseason set to kick off in nine days.

Rosters revert to 25 for the playoffs. The Tigers have their locks, of course. Twenty-one. That leaves four spots for 10 players, including hobbled infielder Carlos Guillen and veteran pitcher Brad Penny.

There are a bunch of possibilities, and just a little over a weekfor managerJim Leyland and GM Dave Dombrowski to settle on 25.

Tigers on the Playoff Roster bubble (and prediction):

- Duane Below (In)
- Andy Dirks (In)
- Carlos Guillen (In if healthy)
- Luis Marte (Out)
- David Pauley (In)
- Brad Penny (Out) don't need him starting and we have better long relief
- Ryan Perry (Out)
- Will Rhymes (In/Out) depending on Guillen's health
- Omir Santos (Out)
- Danny Worth (Out)

Full Article

Please have brad penny far, far away from a playoff roster

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Hopefully Leyland will make the right decision and keep Penny out of the playoffs; he has done nothing to deserve a position. Of course, I get the feeling Leyland will "feel bad" after letting Penny serve up meatballs to opposing batters all season that he will put him on the bullpen. I guess his sitting in the bullpen (far away from the mound) is far batter than letting him pitch. Thank goodness his contract is up this year.

I was surprised to see Fister come in to relieve Scherzer in the 6th inning last night. I can only assume that Leyland is looking for a quality start while still resting his starters. Of course, I don't know who Leyland will use to fill Fisters spot in the rotation.

riffjim4069 said:
Well, I see Penny is up to par letting up 6-runs in the 4th inning. I'm sorry, but I DO NOT want this guy on our postseason roster!!!

I read an article in. The News guessing who would make and not make the playoff roster. He's very poor out of the Pen and his Pen Playoff track record is worse yet.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

riffjim4069 said:
Hopefully Leyland will make the right decision and keep Penny out of the playoffs; he has done nothing to deserve a position. Of course, I get the feeling Leyland will "feel bad" after letting Penny serve up meatballs to opposing batters all season that he will put him on the bullpen. I guess his sitting in the bullpen (far away from the mound) is far batter than letting him pitch. Thank goodness his contract is up this year.

He only signed a 1 year contract.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)