2011 AL Central Thread

And the Tigers will probably need to sweep the Indians in order to tie Texas for home field advantage. The Rangers are opening a 3-game series in Los Angeles...and I don't see them sweeping the Angels in LA.

Just take care of thier games and they will be fine ....
Tigers have the Tie Breaker with Texas. :)

At the beginning of the year, I thought that it would take 92 wins to win the Central.

Tigers are at 92 now with 93 in a few minutes as soon as this one wraps up, up by 12 games on the rest of the division.

It's a nice one/two punch that the tigers have going into the playoffs. What a trade the tigers were able to make for fister!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

The postseason starts Friday and the Rays have now tied Boston for the wild card. Who would you guys want to see us play in the first round most between the Rays, Red Sox, or Yankees. Assuming we can get home field advantage it is between the Rays and the Red Sox. With the way Boston is limping into the finishing line they would be the obvious answer and that's who I would like to play.

If the Rays finish their comeback and overtake Boston I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off not having the #2 seed. We have handled the Rays this year but they are playing great baseball now. It seems weird to say it but we might be better off playing the Yankees.

In the end I'll take the Tigers over anyone. It wouldn't hurt to have the best match ups though.

From ESPN.com, "Justin Verlander and Fister, who are scheduled to start the first two games of Detroit's first-round playoff series, are now a combined 14-0 with a 1.61 ERA in 16 appearances since August 16."

I saw an article earlier in the week that said the Tigers would have Scherzer pitch 2nd IF they play the yanks, Scherzer is MUCH better at home they said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)