Another Awsome Screwup

Hm, I've updated only every couple days since this started. And only when there's new information.

I suspect that Jim5506 and 585960 (the only ones who've complained), either work for Dish, or think so little of themselves they feel they should be abused by vendors, and why doesn't everybody?

Yes, I am assertive. Yes, I am direct. You should welcome the customer service police, who end up making things easier for the rest of you by making sure problems are actually corrected. I know there are ppl here cheering me on.

So expect more updates as things happen. I am recounting the events, unvarnished.

I agree with you 100 percent Quantum. I would not take what you are going through either. The problem with dish is that the system is so flawed and so incompetent that even if they supposedly fixed the issue you can never be sure. Why is it that everyone on this forum has to play CSR roulette to get what they need to done? Should a issue really take 6 phones calls to resolve????

Things are even worse on the tech side. I had to leave before I lost all sanity. Why anyone would want to put up with Dish for the meager pay they provide is beyond me. If others are happy with that then im happy for them. However I havent heared too many stories on here about how much people love dish right now.

Hm, I've updated only every couple days since this started. And only when there's new information.

I suspect that Jim5506 and 585960 (the only ones who've complained), either work for Dish, or think so little of themselves they feel they should be abused by vendors, and why doesn't everybody?

Yes, I am assertive. Yes, I am direct. You should welcome the customer service police, who end up making things easier for the rest of you by making sure problems are actually corrected. I know there are ppl here cheering me on.

So expect more updates as things happen. I am recounting the events, unvarnished.

And I'm one of 'em. Thanks.

Most of us are all for what Dish used to represent. So many of us see the promise of how things could be.

And needless to say, it would be a Bad Thing™ if Dish went away.

But they must not do more damage than good. Don't be evil! Or we will turn on you, just like anything else. It's only rational. It's the way of a Freemason.

Dish used to be good, when I first signed up with them about 5 yrs ago, call centers were still stationed in the States..
When they switched their call center oversea, that's when hell break loose..
This is not a cheap shot at those worked for call center oversea, they are just doing their job as they were trained to..
It's that cheap bastard Charlie who we should blame for the down fail of Dish..
To be honest, I don't think it will hurt their buttom line all that much if they still operate call centers in the States and I know for sure customer satisfaction level will be way high..

I give up.

It can't be fixed.

Called again today and the Promotions Dept hasn't corrected this; they are now asking for proof that I'd bought the receiver! I'd provided this on the very first day, but it seems they've completely lost it! Despite several Supervisor's Notes in my Permanent File that this particular receiver with this R00 number does in fact belong to me! Also, I was told on the very first day that my receiver was marked as Owned, after my repeated attempts to confirm, but calling back an hour later I found that it was marked as Leased.

If I were to provide proof again, I have every reason to believe that this will still not be fixed, and that some other roadblock or snafu will come up after hours and hours more on my cell minutes trying to get this fixed.

I have patiently waited for weeks with no TV, and spent hours and hours on the phone earnestly trying to make this right before I subscribe, but have been unsuccessful. The ceo email address is completely unresponsive.

So I give up Dish. I am sending you the receiver you think is Leased (which is older) and am selling the receiver that you think is Owned (which is new), and going with DirecTV where it's safer. This can not be fixed. You have ruined several of my days already, and no more.

I give up.

It can't be fixed.

Called again today and the Promotions Dept hasn't corrected this; they are now asking for proof that I'd bought the receiver! I'd provided this on the very first day, but it seems they've completely lost it! Despite several Supervisor's Notes in my Permanent File that this particular receiver with this R00 number does in fact belong to me! Also, I was told on the very first day that my receiver was marked as Owned, after my repeated attempts to confirm, but calling back an hour later I found that it was marked as Leased.

If I were to provide proof again, I have every reason to believe that this will still not be fixed, and that some other roadblock or snafu will come up after hours and hours more on my cell minutes trying to get this fixed.

I have patiently waited for weeks with no TV, and spent hours and hours on the phone earnestly trying to make this right before I subscribe, but have been unsuccessful. The ceo email address is completely unresponsive.

So I give up Dish. I am sending you the receiver you think is Leased (which is older) and am selling the receiver that you think is Owned (which is new), and going with DirecTV where it's safer. This can not be fixed. You have ruined several of my days already, and no more.
Ask them for proof you leased it!!!

I would not trust that whoever bought the leased one would not have trouble activating it.

I asked the ERT team member if I sell this receiver that they think is 'owned', will the buyer be able to activate? He says yes. But maybe he's annotated my account to block that now. I shouldn't have asked.

I have no other choice though. I'd just have to refund the buyer's money if they can't activate, and fume at how Dish screwed me out of a receiver.

You have to actually read the thread, to understand.

What happens when Dish audits my account in six months, and finds this ostensibly 'owned' receiver is actually leased? That's right, they'll charge me. Will they find my actual owned receiver is mine even as it's marked leased? No, they'll give themselves the benefit of the doubt.

So 585960, you approve of them whacking me with the cancellation fee in these circumstances, and stealing the receiver I own. Since that's the case, your opinion is worth nothing to me.

You and your "birfday" can live with crappier and crappier treatment as you seem to prefer. Good luck with alll that...

I'm not playing.
Ha ha ha ha ha , you so funny. The mightier than thou attitude won't serve you well in life. And all I can say to YOU is gooooood luck, and happy birfday.
:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Hey Meeester Quantum. I am an installer for all things Satellite. So, any company, for video, or internet, I install. Sorry you had such a lousy time with E*. But one should know, the grass is NOT greener on the otherside. D* has the same issues. Its called, the left hand and right hand do not always meet. And to be impatient, or demanding will only increase your dissatisfaction. From years of seeing things go awry, I would be calmly assertive in the direction you need to get your services corrected. CEO @ echostar IS now just another CSR service online, that is just a level 2, so things happen a little quicker. But everybody and their mother email that address for the littlest things, and its nowhere as usefull as it was. Hope you like the service on the otherside!!!
Mr. Birfday to you, sir!!!:hungry:

Maybe I should email CEO because I need batteries for my remote? Also there's a bird dropping on my dish, maybe I can get an installer to give me a new dish? What's that email address again?

Used and abused by stupid of stupid.

I've recently been checking out the DirecTV side of things, and there ain't nothin' like this kind of petty nastiness over there.

You try and contort the issue until I ostensibly look bad, no matter how bad the effect on your credibility. You blind yourselves to the true issues here, in your emotional attempt to try and defend your own miserable choices and selfish pride. What a crock you are.

Fed up with Dish and your ugly, poverty-stricken culture.

You know, I had this long reply, but toasted it because Quantum your constipated beyond no return. I can't help you, because you seem to think you're above it. Good luck...:tux:

Last edited:
I have realized that if you want satellite, Dish or DirectTV, you have to be patient and be on top of things and be willing to resolve things yourself by being persistent with Dish. I have had very similar installation nightmares but I tried to work through their system. Once you get over the installation hump, things are pretty stable.

Quantum - Best thing I have found as an installer and customer, call and tell them this is unacceptable and this issue must be resolved before the call is over. If somebody says it's going to take x-time you tell them it's already been x-time and it's unacceptable for this issue to not be resolved now. Bring up repeatedly w/ everyone who isn't helpful to your cause just how badly things have gone so far. If they say they can't do anything, ask for their supervisor. Supervisor no help? Tell him that's unacceptable (that word works WONDERS) and you MUST speak to his supervisor. If another department needs to work on the issue, tell them to put you through, you've already waited 2 weeks.

If anyone tells you that the issue has been fixed, tell them you want to speak to their supervisor for confirmation. Be sure and write down the time you started talking to each different person, their name, and op-id.

DON'T LET THEM END THE CALL 'TIL YOU'RE CERTAIN THE ISSUE'S RESOLVED.

Thanks ohsatelliteguy, but this is one reason I have spent over 12 hours of my cell minutes so far on this fiasco. I ask for confirmation, then a supervisor, and after hours they insist, INSIST that it will be done. But it's always another department that will do it. I've finally found that the "Promotions Dept" (back office) is the only area of the company able to make a change like swapping ownership on receivers, and countless emails have been sent by ERT reps to them, with projected correction times ranging variously from 24 hours to three weeks!

For the past two weeks I have only dealt with the Executive Resolutions Dept, and have their direct number, as well as the extension of each rep I've worked with there. Makes no difference though because none of those reps is around on my next call, so I have to explain the whole mess all over again; I guess they keep getting fired.

Several reps have even given me their email address, so I could send in proof that I own this receiver. Unfortunately every one of my emails to them have been bounced for "Doesn't like recipient". Then I am told that their email addresses are for internal use only! Well, why did they give me the address in the first place then?! To waste more time?!

I have concluded that it is not possible to fix this. So the next question is which receiver to get back to them? They'd never sent the return mailer boxes promised four weeks ago, and I am nearly out of time to return a receiver before they charge me. Alarmed, this week I asked them why and no answer, but supposedly they sent another box on the 26th. Yesterday I asked again and the rep asked for my email address so he could send me a mailing label. Of course it never arrived, I'm sure because of the internal email issue again. SUCKER!!

Not to mention the question of which receiver do I send in? Mine (older), which they think is leased, or theirs (new), which they think is owned. If I send in the one they think is leased, what if down the line they do an audit and find the actual leased one is missing? Of course they will charge me. What if I send in either one, but they decide that it's the wrong one someday in the future? I will be screwed. I've read here of customers being charged years later for receivers a tech took with them supposedly for turn-in.

So it's a true Catch 22. Dish just has a propensity to steal receivers... this is how the system is biased, and it did its job well from the very day I signed up. If you look around this forum you will find many others this has happened to as well. So this must be intentional.

Call Dish, and cry to them. Tell them this is very stressful and you're calling an attorney to sue them over the way they're treating you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)