Another DISH Football Fight

So Dish's price increase was RSN's? If that's true I want my money back. Don't need them, don't want them, so as per your logic I should get my money back.

Now personally I think Dish should provide an alternate RSN if "your area" RSN gets greedy which seems to be the case of NJ. Then you should direct your displeasure to NJ and the universities involved. Tell them because you can't get your RSN you should not have to pay your state taxes so as to offset your loss. Tell them they are just pocketing the profits,...err....taxes.

I just think your anger is misdirected here. And remember, a business with no profits will eventually have no business.
They say they have to charge an extra $5 for rsns..so in areas with no rsns they should reduce the price a bit..in areas with more than one they should increase it..like DirecTV..this is like being charged for HBO and not able to watch it
They don't charge for locals in areas they don't carry them..this is not a hard concept
Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They say they have to charge an extra $5 for rsns..so in areas with no rsns they should reduce the price a bit..in areas with more than one they should increase it..like DirecTV..this is like being charged for HBO and not able to watch it
They don't charge for locals in areas they don't carry them..this is not a hard concept
Hmmm,ok. Then I say Dish should charge additional to markets where they have a load of local channels carried. And then lower the charge for areas like Montana that probably have a sparse population and few locals.

Having said that, I just looked at my current Dish bill. I don't see a separate RSN charge...

Bill Period 09/04/14 - 10/03/14
Sep 04 - Oct 03
Monthly Charges
America's Top 250 79.99
Blockbuster@Home 10.00
HD DVR Receiver 10.00
HD DVR Receiver 10.00
Protection Plan 8.00
DVR Service 7.00
5 Superstations 7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) 0.00
$131.99
Aug 19
State/Local Tax (Sales) 7.92
Period 09/04/14 - 10/03/14
$139.91

So you are saying Direct TV charges for RSN's separately? I don't know,I never used the service. From reading my bill it seems RSNs and any other channel I have are a bundled price,in my case the Top 250. This way the overall price for the Top 250 is spread out to all of us that subscribe to the package. Am I wrong. If I am I apologize. I have misunderstood how the "package system" works then.

Now if you must have your NJ RSNs,is there a way to contact them and get the feeds over the internet? Or through the NCAA maybe?

Ummm, no it is not more than partially. Unless they own 100% they may have a controlling amount but they only have partial ownership....

AT120+ is $5 more than AT120 due to the RSNs being included with AT120+ and not AT120. That's the only difference in the two packages. That's the $5 for RSNs being discussed. RSNs are included with each core package above the base AT120.

Hmmm,ok. Then I say Dish should charge additional to markets where they have a load of local channels carried. And then lower the charge for areas like Montana that probably have a sparse population and few locals.

Having said that, I just looked at my current Dish bill. I don't see a separate RSN charge...

Bill Period 09/04/14 - 10/03/14
Sep 04 - Oct 03
Monthly Charges
America's Top 250 79.99
Blockbuster@Home 10.00
HD DVR Receiver 10.00
HD DVR Receiver 10.00
Protection Plan 8.00
DVR Service 7.00
5 Superstations 7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) 0.00
$131.99
Aug 19
State/Local Tax (Sales) 7.92
Period 09/04/14 - 10/03/14
$139.91

So you are saying Direct TV charges for RSN's separately? I don't know,I never used the service. From reading my bill it seems RSNs and any other channel I have are a bundled price,in my case the Top 250. This way the overall price for the Top 250 is spread out to all of us that subscribe to the package. Am I wrong. If I am I apologize. I have misunderstood how the "package system" works then.

Now if you must have your NJ RSNs,is there a way to contact them and get the feeds over the internet? Or through the NCAA maybe?
No..they already charge extra for sports in their cheapest at package..at 150 and at150+..just remove the charge for higher packages that have no sports.. Just like they lower the charge for certain markets that have no or few local channels

So you are saying Direct TV charges for RSN's separately?
in areas where there are more than 2 RSN's Directv charges a "RSN fee" of between 1.50-3.00 depending on location
You get the RSN(s) in Choice package but in places like NY or LA there is a RSN fee

in areas where there are more than 2 RSN's Directv charges a "RSN fee" of between 1.50-3.00 depending on location
You get the RSN(s) in Choice package but in places like NY or LA there is a RSN fee
Interesting,thank you for the info. I like to learn things. That means if you are in a RSN market that feels their RSN is worth loads more than a standard sub fee, then the subscriber just needs to plunk down the cash for that RSN. Otherwise they have to settle for whatever RSN is available at a reasonable price included in the package/bundle. Boy that would weed out the true fans from the fair weather fans.

Maybe Dish could do something like that I guess. I just don't see the cable companies or satellite companies breaking down negotiated contracts as Juan suggests they should. Providers submit their asking price per sub. Then the retransmission businesses either eventually accept or refuse the deal. If these RSNs were available individually and not packaged/bundled, then Juan would be absolutely be correct.

Keep in mind most the contracts are not public record and are confidential. The details of which, including price per sub, may be held to that standard, which is why we wouldn't see a breakdown.

It's not a matter of what dish is paying them, but what you are paying dish, and are you satisfied with your service. If you don't feel you're getting your monies worth, time to move to another company. If you feel that you are getting your monies worth, then stay with dish. But, that is like someone renting a home, asking the homeowner what they pay, and wanting a discount based on that. It's irrelevant information.

Reactions: Juan
Interesting,thank you for the info. I like to learn things. That means if you are in a RSN market that feels their RSN is worth loads more than a standard sub fee, then the subscriber just needs to plunk down the cash for that RSN. Otherwise they have to settle for whatever RSN is available at a reasonable price included in the package/bundle. Boy that would weed out the true fans from the fair weather fans.

no
I live in Minnesota and we get FSN North as our RSN (plus FS Wisco and FSN North + as part time alts). I do not pay a RSN fee
Someone in NY who has (with Directv) YES, SNY, MSG, MSG2 pays a RSN fee if they have a package that includes RSN's whether they watch them or not. Don't want RSN's? Get a package without them. By the way their "RSN Fee" is 3.63

Denver pays 1.82
LA area is a flat 3.00
Chicago is 1.82...but in an ironic twist Cedar Rapids, IA (which gets CSN Chicago as their RSN) pays 0.00
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee

It's not a matter of what dish is paying them, but what you are paying dish, and are you satisfied with your service. If you don't feel you're getting your monies worth, time to move to another company. If you feel that you are getting your monies worth, then stay with dish. But, that is like someone renting a home, asking the homeowner what they pay, and wanting a discount based on that. It's irrelevant information.
That's the problem..I am paying for services not being delivered that once were

I just don't get that. "This is not fair, I'm going to complain about this. But I won't go elsewhere cause I know I'm getting the best value for my dollar"

I don't think any amount of loud complaining, going to do anything for your sports. Just like espnu in HD, they will progress things along as they feel necessary. Also the hopper update time, and Showtime on demand. These are things that eventually some day will change, but not because you have complained about it, but because they have met it on their timeline.

I don't think any amount of loud complaining, going to do anything for your sports. Just like espnu in HD, they will progress things along as they feel necessary. Also the hopper update time, and Showtime on demand. These are things that eventually some day will change, but not because you have complained about it, but because they have met it on their timeline.
The OP knows better..he owns the site..he knows the game

I understand who Scott is. And to an extent I agree with him. But, the fact of the matter is, you are continuously complaining about it, knowing it is not going to change. So much so, it's not even worth my time arguing about anymore. So I will let you have your time, but it will be time wasted. Say your peice, then let it go, as again, until they are ready to change it, you ain't going to see any changes.

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts