Buying another receiver

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I need another receiver, but I'm already maxed out with having 4 tuners leased. So now I have to buy the the receiver outright in order to do what I want. Well I'm looking at a 322 so I can just have 2 other rooms SD,No DVR. Now E* said they could sell me one for $199 and still install it. But the problem is I'm going to need a Multiswitch, Most likly a DPP44. Is E* going to charge me extra for adding this switch ,or is that included with the price? Has anyone ever had E* install addtional receivers when the Satellite outputs have been maxed out. What sould I look out for? What about the Dish 1000.4 does that have 3 outputs instead of 2?

The best source of answers is from DISH. I'd do an online chat and print out the results. I would guess the switch would be extra but I don't know what you have now, but DISH does.

The 1000.4 does have more than 2 outputs, but if I understand correctly, Eastern Arc is all Mpeg 4 so the 322 won't work with it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can do 2 things after buying the 322. Buy this from someone local and make sure the ROO is clear before you buy it.

1. Buy a 44 switch and hook up all receivers. 44 switches are not cheap.

2. Put up a second dish 500 with a DPP LNB. This is the most economical way to do it. Talk to some local dealers about buying a dish 500 used or new for cheap. Get one off a foreclosed home or apartment building or house that has no LNB for free.

You can do 2 things after buying the 322. Buy this from someone local and make sure the ROO is clear before you buy it.

1. Buy a 44 switch and hook up all receivers. 44 switches are not cheap.

2. Put up a second dish 500 with a DPP LNB. This is the most economical way to do it. Talk to some local dealers about buying a dish 500 used or new for cheap. Get one off a foreclosed home or apartment building or house that has no LNB for free.
But then I would need another dish pointed at the 61.5 right? Thats 4 satellite dishes no way.
I found a DPP44 on Ebay for $98 brand new in box with power supply. So I'm set that way. Now comes the receiver part problem. I went on radio shacks website and they have a 322 for $149, But now my question is will this be of any use If I convert in 2009 to the eastern arc setup? Or do you guys think a Vip 222 is my only dual room non DVR option with eastern arc? My other option is wait 8 months and E* will let me lease a 722,and that will give me 4 rooms instead of 3. But I like NOT having my living room (Vip612) receiver being shared with another room. The 722 I would have to use other tuner for my other room. So I'm looking to buy, But I'm not looking to go broke either.

You dont need 61.5. A 322 does not do Hi Def. You only need a dish 500 for 119
110 unless your standard locals come on the 61.5

Also there are usually 2 outputs on the 61.5 dish if the lnb is a dual lnb. Take the free output on the dual 61.5 and run it to the "in" port on the DPP lnb.

Do what works best for you

I called E* today, and they claim they will Install for free if I buy the receiver off them. I guess we'll see.$550 for a 722 $349 for a 612,$249 for a 222. Includes the Multiswitch and hookup. I'm going for the 722 or the 222 if I decide not to go with DVR. still thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)