can anyone help with sichbopvr and prof 7500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
i wanteed to know if anyone can help with sichbo and ffdshow ssettings for gdmx mux. i was able to finally get another hd channel to run from 3846 tp. i can not figure what settings for gdmx. i only get audio and no video. the geforce 8400 works great but im missing a proper setting ffdshow. any help appreciated.

crackt, the one i was trying to get was the 6/2 one. i saw the list had as 4:2:2 but i dont know anything else on this freq. thanks for any help with this.

so i got some time to test for you. scanning freq 3820 i found the 6 gdmx channels. i then installed ffdshow_beta7_rev3154_20091209. i then opened sichbo pvr and selected ffdshow under settings -> system settings -> 4:2:2 decoder. tuning gdmx 6/2 worked fine for me.

crackt out,.

thanks crackt. i tried that but it didnt work for that or anything or tps with that setting. what i did notice in ffdshow somethings are enabled and others are disabled. i switched mpeg handling to ffdshow and restarted sichbo and changed settings to it and no luck. i also tried it in smartdvb and no luck. i made sure there was a show on a gdmx mux when doing this. i think it is a improper setting by me in ffdshow. do you have specific codec handlings (because there is so many) for ffdshow and what exact in sichbo you are using. its funny that gdmx is the only one i am having a problem with but i havent messed with anything on the ku side yet (if there is any that would have this problem i dont know?). anyway thank you very much helping me with this. and on a sidenote the prof once set up is amazing for what i have so far. i am very happy with this little device.

what version of ffdshow are you using ? i simply grabbed the first i found when i googled. the only thing i think i may have changed is h264 i set to ffmpeg-mt. otherwise it was a stock install. i updated sichbo on the settings page so it was current. with a default sichbo setup there was no codec assigned to 4:2:2 and it would not display video. i selected ffdshow under 4:2:2 and it rendered video. keep plugging away and you will find success. if you like the prof / sichbo now wait until you figure out the epg mapping. its awesome having an epg for some ofthe fta feeds. have you tried any other codecs or is there a particular reason your using ffdshow ?

crackt out,.

thanks crackt i will try that. i did get the latest ffdshow and updated sichbo. the 4:2:2 doesnt give any option. but as i mess with it more it continues to get better. yes i can not for the life of me how to figure epg mapping. every scan comes up blind despite using joshyfun or kingofsat before the scan. but as i continue to digg i keep finding more gems out of this great software. as far as the prof my goodness is the pic quality beautiful.....watching football tonight in 16:3 despite being sd looked like hd to me:) very happy

if the 4:2:2 does not give you any options then sichbo is not finding a capable codec. what operating system are you using ? the epg mapping had me stumped for a while. you need to type a channel name in the box and it will pop up a list of suitable matches. it is not perfect and doesnt have listings for every feed but it does make the pvr function work alot better. i finally got a remote for my htpc but with all the 4dtv madness going on i havent had time to play with it yet. should make sichbo that much better.

crackt out,.

Crackt, as i was trying to get differ codecs to work for me and some reason i lost my onboard realtek for audio. i know it isnt sichbo or smartdvb. it has to be something else. it is there and says enabled. i have read numerous boards for fixes but to no avail nothing works. if i reinstall after pc starts i get audio. when it is shut down it dissables......so im in a continuous reinstall to listen to the audio. bios is enabled, nvidias audio is disabbled.....what else might be overwritting the realtek when shutdown/startup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)