Considering switch to DirectTV from Dish - The good and the bad?

You lose about 30 national HD channels (BBC AMERICA, E!, G4, HISTORY iNTERNATIONAL, HEADLINE NEWS, LIFETIME MOVIE CHANNEL, NATGEO WILD, STYLE, TCM (TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES), TRUTV, DIY, INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY, COOKING, AMC (AMERICAN MOVIE CLASSICS), EPIX, EPIX2, INDIE MOVIES RETRO MOVIES, SHORTS, PIXL....(some in DISHs Platinum package) ... you'll gain full time HD RSNs, ESPU, MLB, SMITHSONAIN, FUEL, GOLTV, MEGA.

You lose about 30 national HD channels (BBC AMERICA, E!, G4, HISTORY iNTERNATIONAL, HEADLINE NEWS, LIFETIME MOVIE CHANNEL, NATGEO WILD, STYLE, TCM (TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES), TRUTV, DIY, INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY, COOKING, AMC (AMERICAN MOVIE CLASSICS), EPIX, EPIX2, INDIE MOVIES RETRO MOVIES, SHORTS, PIXL....(some in DISHs Platinum package) ... you'll gain full time HD RSNs, ESPU, MLB, SMITHSONAIN, FUEL, GOLTV, MEGA.

and dont forget ESPN News, Disney XD, ABC Family and Disney HD too ;) You gain those with Directv

I had D* a few years ago starting with the HR20 and then the HR21. The HR20 just gave me fits when I got it and 4 HR20s later they switched it to the HR21. It was OK and I liked some of how it did things better than the Dish equipment, but it was slower. After a few upgrades it got slower and slower with each passing upgrade. Possibly because they were adding features to a box that was barely powerful enough to do what it was initially designed to do. I switched back to Dish solely because it was either that or throw the HR21 remote out the window!
:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)