Direct TV Distribution?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nov 12, 2008
Pinedale, Arizona
In my new construction home, I am bringing the four RG6 lines from my SlimLine Ka/Ku LNB into a Zimwell WB68. From the Zimwell, I will distribute the signal to the various rooms of the house. My quandary is... each room of the house has multiple locations for hooking up a Direct TV receiver and each location in each room is home run back to the distribution point. For a given room, I want the output of the designated Zimwell port distributed to each of the room access locations. Only one access location in a given room would be used at any given time depending on furniture arrangement. Not being a real smart TV guy, I don't know what type of splitters to use; I am partial to Leviton as that is the make of my SMC. This forum has really helped me out on a past project and so, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I agree
Go with a SWM setup as no matter what receiver you use its only one line. Some receivers (HR34/Genie and H25) REQUIRE a SWM setup

Since you are doing a home run just label the cables and swap out as needed (as Claude mentioned)

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
How many outlets are there in the house, and how far from the closet is the furthest one? If not too far, just put a green label 8-way splitter on each output of a SWM8 and leave all of the outlets connected. As long as you don't exceed the 8 tuner limit, you should be fine. That way, no swapping around cables every time you move a TV. I've had outlets that were 60' from a 4-way splitter, which was another 30' from the SWM and had signal levels in the 90s. Or do a SWM16.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)