Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Multichannel News is now reporting that all DIRECTV subscribers are now getting access to PBS Kids Sprout, The Hub, TV One and the FUSE Network while the spat with VIACOM continues.

The only Viacom channel that maybe worth the money due to the large audience is Nick. But since the audience is mainly children, advertisers have a difficult time making a lot of money from this demographic. Even though Viacom may have one of the highest rated networks, there is not a lot of money to be made from it.

Just curious a few years ago I think 2002 or 2003 when dishnetwork lost the Viacom channels were they off for a week or a month I can't remember.

a new update posted to directv facebook page. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
[h=6]Viacom Update: It's Tuesday and we are vigorously working to reach a fair agreement with Viacom to return the channels you most want. We like you were not happy to be without "The Daily Show," "Colbert Report," "Teen Wolf" and "Love and Hip Hop" last night. But the good news is that these shows are all going to be made available on streaming sites like TheDailyShow.com and Hulu very soon. Follow u...See More[/h]

Here is the full update from DIRECTV.

Viacom Update: It's Tuesday and we are vigorously working to reach a fair agreement with Viacom to return the channels you most want. We like you were not happy to be without "The Daily Show," "Colbert Report," "Teen Wolf" and "Love and Hip... Hop" last night. But the good news is that these shows are all going to be made available on streaming sites like TheDailyShow.com and Hulu very soon. Follow us at DIRECTV (DIRECTV) on Twitter throughout the day, as we'll share links to where you can watch.

Once again, we thank you for your patience. This situation is one we neither wanted nor think is representative of the viewing experience you should have. By standing firm, we will get this deal done and the channels back at a price you can still afford.

VIACOM has started returning a few of its show in full length online to its own company owned websites.

I think the egg is starting to crack.

After the egg cracks, I say again that DirectTV should play hardball and make Viacom beg a little. Bigger question again for me: where is the US DOJ in all of this crap for the past few years? Oh yeah, they are the ones controlling the networks too :-(

Scott Greczkowski said:
VIACOM has started returning a few of its show in full length online to its own company owned websites.

I think the egg is starting to crack.

Hopefully it cracks next Monday at 6:00 am ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts