DISH Price Increases

Their new head of Marketing at Tivo is the same guy who introduced AutoHop on the Hopper, that being Ira Bahr.

Makes sense. Tivo also kind of let Dish pave the way for them by seeing if they could win the lawsuits against the networks. Now Dish has been able to win a few times so it probably gave Tivo the confidence to go ahead with their rollout.

Not only that but Tivo doesn't have to negotiate programming fees with the networks so they don't have the same threat of having channels pulled because of that feature.

Reactions: navychop
Similar but it's Not a Roamio.
The T6s are Roamios.
You are getting tivo software on Pace hardware.
Just like Directv THR22.

Miles apart from. ROAMIO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nope, the Pace box is nearly identical to the Roamio. The things that make it different are what Mediacom didn't want included for various reasons.

At most they are a few inches apart!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony
If you have 2 Roamios or Bolts do their recordings and favorites get integrated?
When you have 2 Roamios, ,You can access each others play list.
Same as if you have 2 Hoppers.

Other then that , I doubt there is full integration like you would have with Single Roamio or Bolt with Minis.

This is nothing like a Roamio Plus or Pro.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/24/tivo-shows-off-pace-built-xg1-six-tuner-gateway-dvr-it-plans-to/

It is like a Roamio with a built in cable modem. Yes there are some software differences, but essentially they are nearly identical in operation. Here are some of those differences:

Pace from Mediacom : does VOD, no Amazon, no Hulu, no out of home streaming.

Tivo Roamio : no VOD, Amazon, half baked Hulu support.

It is like a Roamio with a built in cable modem. Yes there are some software differences, but essentially they are nearly identical in operation. Here are some of those differences:

Pace from Mediacom : does VOD, no Amazon, no Hulu, no out of home streaming.

Tivo Roamio : no VOD, Amazon, half baked Hulu support.

So what it's not the same Box, you are talking about apps.
Obviously you never used seen or used a T6 which is a Cable Version of a Roamio Plus.

6 Tuner Pace with Tivo software.
70a5618c6b862a9359927a078856446b.jpg

T6 ROAMIO Plus
c945ad93990a2318f1d983aa169a6731.jpg

Had one for long enough to not want to keep it because of those missing apps. Mediacom's VOD isn't worth having. Got a Roamio Plus now.

Right, the boxes look different on the outside and run exactly the same.

Totally wrong

1d0a9a0af639b0ebf4c1f55fc2819be2.jpg

2f29937330f590692348cc30d86f37ad.jpg

That Pace box sure looks more like the X1 then a Roamio.
Amazing

That Pace box is clearly an X1 with Tivo software.

I wonder how DISH would react to mass cancellation call ins from this site alone. Just think about all the money off they might be willing to take off a month in order to retain the subs who all called in at one time.:smug

I wonder how DISH would react to mass cancellation call ins from this site alone. Just think about all the money off they might be willing to take off a month in order to retain the subs who all called in at one time.:smug
You mean compared the rather large discount you have already been receiving?

Dish DVR is getting to where they are right around the same price as the Tivo but I assume most would take the Dish DVR due to their promotions and so forth. If Dish improves the DVR then they can stay a step ahead of the Tivo but if people switch providers a lot like every two years to take the promotions then they may want to get the Tivo so that they do not lose the content on the DVR hard drive.
Tivo doesnt work with satellite (well there is a Directv THR22 but that is a pile compared to the other DVR's) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts