DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Regardless, I propose Charlie Ergen give all Dish subs a free 27-inch, 60 pound SD TV! :D

I had a Panny Tau 32 incher that weighed well over 100 pounds. I gifted it to my sister when we became an all HD household. She is still SD only as hard as that may be to believe as is one other of my siblings. The TV still works and has a great SD picture for SD that is. Just don't volunteer to move it or you will regret it.

I have 36" and 27" SDTVs that are rarely used and have perfect pictures. I've offered to give them to anyone willing to haul them off, but no takers. I personally do not want to ever have to lift that 36 incher again!

I don't know about you, but I personally used to punch myself in the stomach and run around the neighborhood in my boxer shorts singing Waterloo by ABBA. And that's when the title "The Fat Man" actually represented a guy who was really fat, kind of like how MTV used to play music.

Now that sounds like a fun time. Yea MTV without the music!! Please tell me how they can have video music awards when they don't play videos?????? It's kind of like why do they call them apartments........ when their so close together???? HMMMMMMM

This one seems appropriate. From http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/index.htm

Mouse in Cream (Souris à la crème)
Skin, gut and wash some fat mice without removing their heads. Cover them in a pot with ethyl alcohol and marinate 2 hours. Cut a piece of salt pork or sowbelly into small dice and cook it slowly to extract the fat. Drain the mice, dredge them thoroughly in a mixture of flour, pepper, and salt, and fry slowly in the rendered fat for about 5 minutes. Add a cup of alcohol and 6 to 8 cloves, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Prepare a cream sauce, transfer the sautéed mice to it, and warm them in it for about 10 minutes before serving.

Forget the recipe... All I need is the pot and the ethyl alcohol!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I have 36" and 27" SDTVs that are rarely used and have perfect pictures. I've offered to give them to anyone willing to haul them off, but no takers. I personally do not want to ever have to lift that 36 incher again!

I have one as well. It is heavier than my 55" LCD!

16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
3 tbsp Olive Oil
75g unsalted butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
50g fresh breadcrumbs

Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.

Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.

Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.

SO- How many of us can still sing all or part of the "Car 54" theme song? ;)

"There's a hold up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights.
There's a scout troop short a child, Khrushchev's due at Idlewild....
Car 54 where are you?"

And I did not cheat.:D

"There's a hold up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights.
There's a scout troop short a child, Khrushchev's due at Idlewild....
Car 54 where are you?"

And I did not cheat.:D

Are we supposed to be impressed or just feel sad for you? :happyd2:

"There's a hold up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights. There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights. There's a scout troop short a child, Khrushchev's due at Idlewild.... Car 54 where are you?" And I did not cheat.:D

Great but some of the cast became the Munster
Car 54 were are you?

Will this coming Thursday be the last day for Disney corp on dish or a beginning of a new friendship?

i bet we get some fireworks drama on Halloween/November 1 as i t bet the short term extension will last a month and they will announce something by months end. we haven't seen the dispute related crawls and slates and websites be posted yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts