DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

X3MVJhv.gif

Agree, in fact in today's world unbelievable. You have to think that means it is going as well as can be expected by both sides and no one wants to upset the apple cart.

For this being such a huge of a deal trying to be made between Disney/dish...I'm very surprised nothing has really gotten out rumors or truth

And I'm not even sure we know for sure what the hold up on an agreement is all about...... some media outlets indicate it's over "Future Digital Rights"..... and some say it's over the "Hopper Auto Skip for commercials on PTAT".... I don't think anyone really knows for sure...... but I could be wrong.

And I'm not even sure we know for sure what the hold up on an agreement is all about...... some media outlets indicate it's over "Future Digital Rights"..... and some say it's over the "Hopper Auto Skip for commercials on PTAT".... I don't think anyone really knows for sure...... but I could be wrong.

I just interpret it as both sides are still working on it and view an agreement will be possible. They have not had to resort to leaking information to the press to try to pressure the other side. Once that starts happening I would get worried. Digital rights, PTAT and Autohop may all be points of contention, but both sides must currently see a workable solution coming out of the negotiations.

I'm feeling like Linus in the pumpkin patch, another college football season has come and gone without ESPN-U in HD. It's been 8 years since this network was launched and 4 since Dish has had it and we still don't have it in HD. Maybe in time for the conference basketball tournaments, but at this point I'm not holding my breathe.

I'm feeling like Linus in the pumpkin patch, another college football season has come and gone without ESPN-U in HD. It's been 8 years since this network was launched and 4 since Dish has had it and we still don't have it in HD. Maybe in time for the conference basketball tournaments, but at this point I'm not holding my breathe.

More like Charlie Brown and the football

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It is some BS for sure, they need to release some official news on this or give us ESPN U in HD finally once and for all!

It is some BS for sure, they need to release some official news on this or give us ESPN U in HD finally once and for all!

Yes, I demand to know their private negotiations also, and demand ESPN CLASSIC be returned to the TOP 250 and in HD. I'll go look to see if it's there now.

You wont get it until the new contract is signed and in effect. Could be many more months before that happens unfortunately.
Well at least you stayed away from "soon" :) With the current channel lineup and dish technology, ESPNU and the other Abc/Disney channels would be the topper Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)