Dish with 47" Vizio HDTV?

Well thanks for your imput! Your a heck of a salesmen. Your imput povided Nothing as well. If you go to Cnet.com you can see ratings for HD TV's,and out of all the Vizio tvs rated ,the highest is a 6.9. Not too bad but when you see Sonys with an 8 + ratings along with many other brands,that would be for the most part enough info for me to look else where.
Man, that was a quick about-face. I think what others have been trying to say is that for a secondary TV, ie Bedroom or kitchen area, it's a good choice for the money. Sure, I have a good Samsung as my primary, but will look hard at Vizios for additions.

A friend of mine just bought a Vizio 32" and the picture looks great. The sales person at sears said that these are being made by Sony. I have no idea if this is true.

There have been rumors that Sony hasa an interset in both oleveai and Vizio but I have nevers een confirmation of either story.

Thanks for all the responses. Right now it is hooked up via HDMI so I will check that cable out first them try the component cables if I need to. I had a feeling it might be the cable because it only happens on certain shows, not all the time.

So what are the Samsung 81s you are referring to? I'm not familiar with them.

The Samsung 81 series is coming out this month (according to Samsung) and feature some of the first 'consumer entry' LED-BLU (LED backlit unit) LCD screens. They represent the 'holy grail' to most people as they incorporate all the latest high-end features such as HDMI 1.3, 120Hz refresh rates (for smooth-as-butter displaying of 24fps movies and quicker refresh of moving images in sports) and LED-BLU is supposed to virtually end the whole concept of contrast ratio being an issue on LCDs by taking the current 1000:1 panels and cranking that up to 100,000:1 or even 500,000:1 or more. I don't care if its 100k or 500k, the point in my mind is that the CR ceases to be a problem with LCDs as this should overcome the last hurdle that afficionadoes of other technologies point out when discussing LCD.

Of course, being AVS you gotta find something to gripe about so the 2 things people are complaining about (price doesn't seem to be an issue with them) is that the screen is glossy instead of matte which as you know with CRTs allows you to see lights reflected (and Mel Gibson aliens) and the speakers are built into the sides of the tv.

The pricing as I understand it (not cheap, mind you) is:

- 40" $3,000
- 52" $4,000
- 57: $5,000
- 65" $6,000

Again, not as riduculous as the $25,000 Plasma panels we were seeing 6 years ago, but not as cheap as the nice Vizio 47" refurbs you can get from MacMall for $1,099 either. :)

PS There's also a Samsung 71 series coming out at same time which is about $300 cheaper per size based on price above..but doesn't have LED-BLU so why bother?

As to the OP's original question. Go into the advanced color settings and set it to custom. you should see setting for red green and blue. Set the red to about 124. This might help with the red bleeding.

I have a 42" Vizio LCD with my 622 via HDMI. No problems what so ever. When I went to buy, Vizio was the last brand in my mind, but when I was looking at it side-by-side with a Panasonic and a Sony the $500 savings was a no brainer. The only drawback is the 10-watt speakers but I immediately shut those off.

Thanks for all the responses. Right now it is hooked up via HDMI so I will check that cable out first them try the component cables if I need to. I had a feeling it might be the cable because it only happens on certain shows, not all the time.

Try resetting the HDMI in the 622 Diagnostic menu. (Someone help me out with menu code.) See if that helps

Menu 6 >3 gets you to diagnostics>analysis >Hdmi Test

Love your avatar! ;-) Makes me wish I had UniversalHD and a bit sad that this is the last season of BG. After the promise of the first couple of episodes last season turning into a big dialogue-fest the rest of the season I guess absense is making the heart grow fonder.

Just got my 47'' Vizio and have it hooked up to a 722 getting OTA locals along with HD locals with Dish. I'm using a second Dish to pick up 129 signal is great. Everything is working very smooth so far. I haven' calibrated the TV yet as the picture looks great without it. I'll probably still tweak it with a calibration DVD when I get a chance. Only real problem I've run into is changing the inputs using the Dish 6.2 remote. I've scanned codes and found 573 will change inputs using the power botton to scroll through them. Anyone else found one that works? Not that important since I'm running my OTA through the 722 and only have to switch it when watching a DVD. My Dad liked the looks of mine so much he went out and bought the same one. Sams even honored the $100 price reduction. They dropped the price after I bought mine from 1594 to 1494. Not too bad for a 47'' LCD.

I live by Sonys. I have Philips thats pretty nice to but Not even close on picture quaility. I look at Vizios just for a cheap bedroom tv ,and NO ONE could reccomend them. I'm not sure what problems they have or had, but IMO I wasn't going to risk it. As far as sony problems,I have a 32" thats 6 years old and the picture is as good as the day I brought it home. But my daughter went through 3 tv's in that time, RCA,Goldstar,and Zenith. IMO ,you get what you pay for.

Did you look here at all?

I have a 32inch Vizio bought from Sams club that does 1080 and I cant be happier. It's been a flawless set in all aspects and is really as far as Im concerned on the same par as anything Sony makes and I'm a big Sony fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts