Dish you have Disapointed .Again!

Really, I'm the last one to give kudos to Dish, but they've done a reasonably good job of trying to catch up and (in some people's opinions) surpass D* and have zero culpability in this BBCA-HD fiasco.

All they did was uplink some HD channels; beyond that there has been no official or reliable information that Dish would be carrying BBC-HD (or the other two) or even that carriage agreements have been signed. All we've had are the traditional rumors, which sometimes happen to be correct but which just as often (if not moreso) turn out to be false.

So, really, what does Charlie have to do: forego his uplinking and testing for fear it might be taken the wrong way by and incite the satelliteguys hordes? :)

Am I missing something here? Just how is E* responsible for this? Didn’t this channel just become HD operational? I am at a loss of how someone can bitch about something not happening, when it was never announced it was going to happen…

Am I missing something here? Just how is E* responsible for this? Didn’t this channel just become HD operational? I am at a loss of how someone can bitch about something not happening, when it was never announced it was going to happen…

BBC-A is likely mostly at fault here, but E* shouldn't have been inserting their own BBC-A HD commercials for Torchwood to fan the flames unless the HD version was coming online with Torchwood. Need it be said and repeated that E* marketing is totally clueless about almost everything that concerns their own business. I sometimes wonder what they do at the office all day. I guess the air is too rare out there.

Update: The BBC-A forum is indicating the channel did go live yesterday, Monday, so who knows what's happening.

BBC-A is likely mostly at fault here, but E* shouldn't have been inserting their own BBC-A HD commercials for Torchwood to fan the flames unless the HD version was coming online with Torchwood. Need it be said and repeated that E* marketing is totally clueless about almost everything that concerns their own business. I sometimes wonder what they do at the office all day. I guess the air is too rare out there.
I can't see how you can fault Dish for running those adds. They were acting on good faith on behalf of BBC A. I'm sure they were just as upset as the rest of us when BBC A reneged on the launch.

Dennis and I just cross-posted in the two threads, but as I said in the Rumor thread, I strongly suspect BBCA will re-air Torchwood:COE and Doctor Who once the majority of carriers get the HD feed out to subs. They know this didn't go as planned.
You cannot assume anything. I am not sure why I am getting in this ridiculous discussion, perhaps nothing to do at work, and since I have a legacy package of HD programming I probably won't see this channel but if I were pulling the strings it would be made available to me with the legacy HD programming package that I have. I do not know why they got rid of that package anyway (HD Absolute). I thought it was good. They have discontinued so many channels that I used to receive in that package that I really enjoyed so they should give me this channel, but that is neither here or there and I have nothing to complain about at least Dish is letting me keep my legacy HD programming. In spite of all I am saying I believe Dish is the best in the business for a number of reasons and these things are totally unrelated to the subject of assuming something about an unlaunched HD channel. There is no guarantee about the re-airing of shows in HD on BBC America HD. We know nothing about this channel. Look at Cartoon Network HD. In my opinion it is a travesty to even call this channel HD since most of the time the shows they show are in standard defenition yet they are available in and have been shown in HD. That sucks and I guess that is an extreme example of how bad an HD channel can be and hopefully no other HD channel including BBC America HD would want to be that bad. I do not really watch Cartoon Netwoork HD but it is really bad the way they they do it and maybe I would watch it more if they showed HD when available. My point is I would not want to assume anything about what the yet to be available BBC America HD will or will not do about re-airng shows in HD.

I just don't get nerds & freaks into Sci Fi. So you did not get it in HD last night are you breathing today and alive? MAN UP!

That is funny.

Update: The BBC-A forum is indicating the channel did go live yesterday, Monday, so who knows what's happening.

Where? and what provider(s)?

Well....Torchwood CoM is suppose to reair all the 5 episode of the series on Sunday. So if Dish provide BBCAHD to its HD subs...this Wed...then they can tune into HD version on Sun I guess.

IMO this is not Dish fault...since Dish never anywhere mentioned that they will have this channel available. We complain more when we have some activity on uplink report or hear some rumors. I m sure....this thread couldnt have existed or maybe retitled as "When Dish will have BBCAHD for us" if not for the rumors that Scott heard & shared by him here.

Stop complaining. Atleast u States subs get plenty of HD. Us PR subs have been on 7 HD channels paying the same 10 bucks that u people have been paying for abt 10 times of those.

No one has BBCa HD yet!

Look guys If BBCA-HD were a REAL channel D* would have carried at launch!!:rant::p;)
From the MultiChannel news.

BBC America Says HD Launches Will Be Announced Soon
High-Def Outlet Went Live Monday But Not on Cable, Satellite Systems Yet
by Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 7/21/2009 4:19:09 PM EDT

No launches yet for BBC America's new high-definition channel but the network said distribution deals will be coming soon.

BBC America HD launched Monday (July 20) at 6 a.m. but can't be seen yet on any cable or satellite-TV service, the network said.

The channel scheduled a slew of popular sci-fi shows for the first week, including new Torchwood episodes Monday-Friday, that had many viewers talking about the channel on Twitter on Monday.

'Top Gear' Hosts Richard Hammond, James May and Jeremy Clarkson.

"We've got great reaction from viewers on our HD service," channel publicity VP Amy Mulcair said Tuesday. "Everyone's very keen to see it and we're very keen for them to see it. And we're glad to say there are a number of deals that will be announced imminently."

Citing complications involving the availability of HD shows such as Torchwood: Children of Earth, which only just aired on the BBC in the United Kingdom with big ratings, the network did not announce the HD launch date until June 1. As a result, it has taken a while for BBC America to line up launches. The standard-definition version of the channel, featuring shows such as Top Gear (pictured), has about 64 million subscribers. (This story was corrected on July 22.)

Disappointed ?

I think Directv subs have more to be disappointed about at this point in time. As stated by one of the forum sages, HD additions are a leap frog event between the two sat providers. If I were a Directv sub I'd be really disappointed and be asking where is: BETJ, FASHIONTV, HALLMARKMOVIECHANNEL, LIFETIME, LIFETIMEMOVIENETWORK, LOGO, MAVTV, MSNBC, TRAVELCHANNEL, WGNAMERICA, WFN, and ENCORE...all HD channels DISH has and Directv doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts